News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1947 Inner Fender / Firewall Color?

Started by Bobby B, July 27, 2014, 11:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby B

Hi. Any help out there regarding the colors of the inner fender and firewall of my '47 Series 62 would be appreciated. Thinking the firewall is body color, but have seen the inner fenders done in body color and /or satin black.  Thanks,
                                                                         Bob Bender
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Smedly

hello Bob
My 46 62 series has the firewall body color (still original never repainted) and the inner fenders are in satin black. (they did not appear to have been repainted when I bought the car. so I resprayed in satin black just to clean her up a bit)
Sheldon Hay
When a Doctor "saves a Life" it does not necessarily mean that that life will ever be the same as it was, but he still saved it. My 46 may not be as it was but it is still alive.
Sheldon Hay

Bill Ingler #7799

Bob: The 47 Authenticity Manual shows the fire wall and inner fenders to be body color, the front and rear wheel wells are semi gloss black and the same semi gloss black for the front/ rear dust shields and splash pans. I would recommend you buy a Authenticity Manual from the club as it would be a help you in your restoration. Lots of areas that if done as original will add value to your restoration and more than pay for the cost of the Authenticity Manual.       Bill

Bobby B

Sheldon and Bill,
    Thank you. I will purchase the manual, which I'm sure, is worth its weight in gold. Although it's not a show car, I hate doing things twice due to lack of knowledge.
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Bob Bender

1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH