News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

59/60 under dash A/C

Started by Ken Perry, June 30, 2016, 01:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Perry

I have for sale a vintage Sears under dash A/C system. I took it out of a 1959 Cadillac last year,it still had presure when taken out. All hoses were sealed when taken off. It is a complete system,pullies,compressor,condenser,dryer,brackets,hoses and under dash unit.Will work on 59 and 60 Cadillac. I would like to get $300 for it, plus shipping. Can post pics.PM me or E-mail me at  cadmanken@netzero.net     Ken Perry     
Cadillac Ken

Dan LeBlanc

Just for curiosity sake, I would like to see what one of these things looks like.  Did not know Sears offered them.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Ken Perry

I will get it out and take a picture of it for you to see. Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

Ken Perry

Pictures of the under dash unit and under hood parts. Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

54 caddy larry

Ken
Can these under hood parts be made to fit a "54" 331 ?
Larry
Larry M

1954 series 62 coupe
1974 Harley Davidson FLH

My caddy is my never ending work in progress.

Ken Perry

The engines are the same engine family,the 331 went to 365 then 390.The water pumps are inerchangable,just different heater conections,some after market pumps I found fit both. Anyway from what I know,I think it could fit or fit with little modifications. I think the ballancer 6 bolt pattern should be the same for the pullie.I don't have any 54 Cads to look at,just going from memory. I'm sure a felow CLC 1954 Cad expert would know. Ken Perry   
Cadillac Ken

Dan LeBlanc

If the hoses weren't cut, I would've been all over this for my 53 :(
Dan LeBlanc

76eldo

Dan,

You can have new hoses made or buy the crimping tool and make your own.

Looks like a neat project.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

The Tassie Devil(le)

I wouldn't be worrying about the hoses being cut, as you would need to make up new hoses to the required length, and routing for a different vehicle.

Plus, if you were going to run the newer gases, you would need the newer hoses to stop leakage.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Daddio

Don't forget this is probably a 12 volt unit. There's a fan in the under dash unit and an electric clutch for the compressor pulley.  Isn't a '54 Caddy still 6 volt?
Mike

1956 Thunderbird
SOLD - 1959 Eldorado Biarritz

Ken Perry

The hoses on the A/C were only cut were there were no fittings to start with. Then only the ends were cut off. The main hose for the under dash unit has a fitting still on the end.When I took the system of the car the main concern was,don't lose anything,don't break anything and keep the system sealed.  Ken Perry 
Cadillac Ken

Ken Perry

Cadillac Ken

Dan LeBlanc

Just my luck. Lol. I was out working on the 61 and was considering it. Came in to say I'd take it.

If you come across another...
Dan LeBlanc

Ken Perry

I will keep you in mind Dan. Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

Tye_Cowan

I missed out! :(

Putting AC in my 53, and need brackets and pulleys under the hood.

All parts for sale, or information forwarded would be greatly appreciated.

Would these work?
Crank Pulley: http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Lightweight-3-Groove-Crank-Pulley-for-Chevy-Short-Water-Pump-Black,112767.html
Water Pump Pulley: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/232003928299?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

I know the Compressor mounts on the Passenger Side on top of the engine, but where does the bracket attach to the engine?

Many thanks in advance,

tye.cowanemail addresses not permitted
Tye Cowan
1953 Series 75

Ken Perry

Sent you a PM Tye. Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

Tye_Cowan

Tye Cowan
1953 Series 75