News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 CADILLAC STOLEN $5,000 REWARD

Started by Dr.61Caddy, July 20, 2014, 05:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.61Caddy

MY DAD HAD HIS 1959 CADILLAC COUPE STOLEN FROM BROOKLYN NEW YORK IN 1968. TO THIS DAY HE HAS BEEN WANTING HIS CAR BACK. HE STILL HAS THE TITLE TO HIS CAR. THE VIN # IS 59J022121.

ANY HELP  ABOUT LOCATING THIS 59, WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. $5,000 WILL BE PAID UPON VERIFICATION.

THANKS
BOB
mr59caddy@hawaii.rr.com

signart

Art D. Woody

76eldo

I would think that the police might be willing to do a search if you show the title and theft report to them.  It's a long shot but anything is possible.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

wrefakis

hire a private detective,they can do state by state vin search by 59j,i did it myself for 59e,traced every one reg in country

bcroe

It may have received a VIN plate from another 59 that was wrecked.  Bruce Roe

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Bruce,
Cadillacs didn't  have VIN plates until 1968.
Bob, With all due respect, I don't like to see anyones car stolen. But, realistically... you had a 9 year old used car stolen in  a major city. That was 46 YEARS ago. That car is long gone.
Sorry, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Coupe Deville

I would do what Brian suggests. Take it to the police to do a search. Or anyone that can look at the cars current owner on a computer that can access car files. Or if you have a freind that is a police officer he can most likley do it. Chances are not great, but WHOA. WHAT A STORY THAT WOULD BE!

Wishing you the best of luck. Anytime we can save a Cadillac is a good day.

-Gavin
-Gavin Myers CLC Member #27431
"The 59' Cadillac says more about America than a whole trunk full of history books, It was the American Dream"

Dan LeBlanc

At some point, somewhere in time, the VIN of the stolen car would have been flagged by authorities as a stolen car and action would have been taken.  So, if, and that's a BIIIIIIIIIIG if this car is rolling around on a highway somewhere, it is definitely not registered or tagged with the original VIN, therefore, the hopes of finding this car are a pipe dream at best.

I would have to agree that this car has suffered some fate frowned upon by the Cadillac gods as already stated here.  Especially given the era in which it was stolen.  It is likely at the bottom of a lake, river, or gorge somewhere, or still rolling around on the highways as 17 Hyundai Accents.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

The Tassie Devil(le)

If it was found, then the original owner, the one who filed the Stolen Vehicle Report would have first refusal on the vehicle.

There are many cases where vehicles have been recovered 30 plus years later, and gone through total rebuilds, repairs, and many owners, and the original owner got it back.   

Once Stolen, always stolen, until legally recovered, and returned to the original owner, or the Insurance Company, if a claim was made, and even then, the original owner has the final claim.   That's the law.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

signart

Art D. Woody

TJ Hopland

I thought there was a time period where someone else could end up owing that car.    I don't remember the details but at one point I was looking at buying a car that had some issues with the tile.    What I was told is that after a approved appraisal and state inspection I could get a bonded title.   The bonded title was a temporary thing that would allow me to register and use the car.  It also meant that I had to get a bond for the appraised value of the car.   The bond money was to deal with the possibility of someone else claiming ownership of the car.  I didn't look that close into it but I think the person claiming ownership could either take the car or the money if they were able to prove that they did own it.   I don't remember how long the bonded title went for, thinking 7 years but I could be wrong.   During this bond period the cars info went onto some national database that could easily be searched by those authorized which I would assume is law enforcement types of people.   At the end of that period you got a 'real' title and from what I understood it didn't matter if someone came forward after that.

The car in my case was nothing special, just a 'used car' so it was not worth going through that hassle which is why I didn't save any of the info I collected on the subject.     
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

INTMD8

Quote from: Dan LeBlanc on July 22, 2014, 07:55:42 AM
or still rolling around on the highways as 17 Hyundai Accents.

Most likely!!

76eldo

I think a likely theory is that your 59 was a victim of Midnight Auto Parts.  They probably stole it to fix a crashed 59 at a crooked body shop somewhere.

My first car, a 1966 Pontiac Tempest was stolen in 1973 from the local mall.

It was found a few month later dumped in the Badlands of Phila with nothing left from the doors forward.  Police said it was common and they probably stole it to fix another car with a wrecked front clip.

I wish you luck in your search.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Coupe Deville

Quote from: Dan LeBlanc on July 22, 2014, 07:55:42 AM
or still rolling around on the highways as 17 Hyundai Accents.

NO! That just makes me sick to think about.
-Gavin Myers CLC Member #27431
"The 59' Cadillac says more about America than a whole trunk full of history books, It was the American Dream"

gary griffin

In the Seattle area they (Russian Mafia) were stealing high end cars and stripping them and leaving the carcass to be found and later auctioned, then they were purchasing the hulk at auction and getting title then reassembling the car and selling it.  A smart policeman noticed that all of the wires were carefully disconnected and there was no torch cutting to get any of the components out so he went to auction and followed the purchaser of a late model Mercedes out to the barn where he had the parts of several other cars also that he was waiting to buy at  future auctions.  Not all criminals are stupid!
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver