News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Upper and Lower rubber bumper 56 CDV

Started by Jose Gomez CLC # 23082, April 18, 2007, 01:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose Gomez CLC # 23082

Gday Cadillac enthusiasts,

I reach a dead end in trying to find a replacement for the lower suspension arm rubber bumper for my ’56 Caddy 6219. I have search both Steele Rubber and Metro Molding with no avail for such part. I did found the upper “A” arm bumper at Steele Rubber (at a stiff price if I may say).

The part number in question is 516-442 which is roughly 3” tall conical shaped. While researching this item I did found a similar one matching the description in Steele Rubber for the 1956 Buick part number 411143.

Before committing in purchasing this particular item (unless other less expensive alternatives can be found), my question is, are these two items interchangeable, in other words could I used the Buick 41143 as an equivalent replacement for the Cadillac?

Regards,

Thanks

Jose Gomez

PS Also I’m looking at a similar item that could be a candidate from Mr. Gasket part number MRG-1608 with similar dimension. I would know more after I received the special order later this week.

George #3739

Check the Steele catalog under Pontiac suspension, part number 27-0080-32; you will see that it replaces 516442.  I have these on my 56 Series 62 convertible and they were a match to the originals. Years ago I sent Steele a letter with documentation to inform them that 516442 is also a Cadillac part number but theyve never updated their catalog.

Jose Gomez

George,

Thanks for the feedback. I search Steele and found this item under the Pontiac as you stated, and I place the order with them. Unfortunately, the Mr. Gasket item was not the correct height.

Regards,