News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

76 Eldo Fuel Injection Ebmlem

Started by Steve Preston #16375, February 18, 2005, 11:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Preston #16375

When I bought my Eldo, he didnt have the Fuel Injection emblem on the trunk. I have since purchased one off of Ebay and am getting frustrated on the exact proper location of it. Ive checked my parts manual and the 76 color brochure to no avail.

Ive seen it installed in 3 different places by viewing Eldorados on EBay.

1) Below and a little to the right of the Eldorado emblem on the right side of the trunk.

2) Exactly even and right of the Eldorado emblem on the right side of the trunk.

3) I just saw one today that has it even height with the Eldorado emblem but on the left side of the trunk.

So...who knows the truth? Thanks, Steve

Steve Preston #16375

Oops, should read 76 Eldo Fuel Injection Emblem.

Tim Pawl CLC#4383

The fuel injection emblem goes just below the Script Eldorado on the right side of the trunk lid. I have seen it both inline with the front E of Eldorado and offset slightly to the right of the front E.

Lars Kneller 8246

I agree with Tim.  77 Eldos do not have one on the deck lid.  There is a small emblem below the speedometer on the inside of the car.  EFI was not available on 78 Eldos.

Steve Preston #16375

I can find parts at almost any online store, i.e., Checker, Napa, RockAuto, etc. with EFI parts for a 78 but not a 79.

Steve Preston #16375

Thanks Tim & Lars, thats what I thought, below & slightly to the right.

George Woodford clc21025

Lars, my 1977 Eldorado EFI does not have an EFI plate on the speedometer or the trunk lid below the Biarritz script.  The car was manufactured early in the year, October 1976, so they probably had not started placing them on the car at the time.  I have seen another 1977 EFI with the plate located just below the trunk Biarritz script, and on the speedometer as you mentioned.

Lars Kneller 8246

EFI was an option on the cars, but not the Eldorado.

Lars Kneller 8246

George, counting yours and mine, I think Ive only seen/heard of 4 total 77 Eldo EFIs in all my years in CLC.  The other two (in junkyards) did have the script under the speedometer and not on the deck lid.  I suspect youre right about yours being an early model- they probably ran out of deck lid scripts and had not recieved the dash scripts yet. The little plastic dash script would certainly cost less than the metal deck lid script!

Johnny

Quote from: Lars Kneller 8246EFI was an option on the cars, but not the Eldorado.

I believe either the 77 or 78 Eldos had fuel injection as a option.  I remember a friend of mine had one.

George Woodford clc21025

I recall reading in the 1978 Service Manual Supplement that EFI was not offered in the 1978 Eldorado.  Why? Anybody know?

Steve Preston #16375

All I know is that my Master Parts Book, #61 dated 7/1987, specifically states EFI parts for models:

Throttle body as an example - group #3.335
77-79 - C, E w/Calif E.F.I. #1612152
77-79 - C, E, w/E.F.I. except Calif - #1612148

Goofy thing is that it doesnt list the throttle body for my 76 Eldo E ????????

It does list the E.F.I. manifold for ALL 76-79 (425, 500) w/E.F.I. as #3516375, group #3.265

So..my thinking is that even though there are errors in the manual, it lists too many E.F.I. for 78 & 79 for it not to exist.

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

Its possible (even probable)that a car with missing emblems or emblems installed in the wrong place has had body work. On an almost daily basis, I see cars with emblems in the wrong place apparently put there by body shops that didnt take close note or photos of where they belong. The other day I saw an 82 or 83 Sedan de Ville with HT4100 Digital Fuel Injection on the trunk instead of on the front fender(I assumed the other one was discarded or more likely lost at a wreck scene).