News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1961 Eldorado Concept Motorama Show Car

Started by Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621, August 31, 2012, 09:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davidinhartford

Looks great Nadeem!

Next stop Amelia Island? 

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

The talent & expertise in the preservation of this historic car is simply beyond words. The wheel cover replication and bumper restoration are incredible. I eagerly look forward to seeing this special car one day.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

N Kahn

Quote from: David Smith on March 05, 2013, 07:21:15 AM
Looks great Nadeem!

Next stop Amelia Island? 

Yes David, I'm very nervous, I've never had a car in a show this prestigious, I hope the car holds its own amongst the others. I'm very excited, so are my wife and kids. I'll take lots of pictures.

Davidinhartford

Quote from: N Kahn on March 05, 2013, 09:05:36 AM
Yes David, I'm very nervous, I've never had a car in a show this prestigious, I hope the car holds its own amongst the others. I'm very excited, so are my wife and kids. I'll take lots of pictures.

No worries.  Joe Bortz is bringing his unrestored 1955 LaSalle II sedan.  So you don't need to have a 100 point car to be there. 

Your Lemans will look like a Million dollars there.

N Kahn

I can't wait to meet Joe, I've only talked to him on the phone. I'm excited to see the La Salle move under its own power for the first time ever.

Quentin Hall

Wow Nadeem,
          What can I say about the car?. . . Nothing! 13500 odd views says it all.
           Hopefully about 1.30 pm on show day you might finally get a minute to sit back and relax. Initially you may have been damn lucky but everything after that has been your hard work. Have fun. I wish I could be there. I figure my Aussie mate Martyn (technically he's a Kiwi) will be there with the maroon Tucker. Say hello for me. Q
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Quote from: N Kahn on March 05, 2013, 09:05:36 AM

It is they who ought to be nervous!  ;D

N Kahn

I bought these wreaths on ebay, they're for an 80s Cadillac wire wheel but they look just like the ones that were in the original caps, I made a center cap and put them in the center of the hubcap, they look great.

N Kahn

I'm home, I was placed right next to the 1959 Cadillac Cyclone which was the inspiration for the double fins which first appeared on the 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham and then all 1961 Caddies. This, my friends, was an honor I can't adequately put into words.

My whole family got to drive up and down A1A in the bright sunshine after the show was done, it was truly unbelievable.
Things on the agenda now are to fix this front end shimmy, the tranny leak and rebuild the carburetor before I get to really drive her a good long way.

I have lots more pics to sort through. I met Yann Saunders, Steve Plunkett and many other Caddy aficionados. The Cadillac people were really good to us. I doubt there will ever be a display of this many Caddy one offs in one place ever again.

R Schroeder

N Kahn

Thank you Roy

More pics

The interior of the 56 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham town car

The whole family and my wife and daughter

R Schroeder

Very nice. The proud owner ,with a beautiful family and a beautiful car.
Looks like the weather was right in there too.
Roy

Barry

Your pics make me so happy ! Did you by chance see the top work on the Blue 58 Raindrop Car ?
Barry Norman
1958 Biarritz
1961Biarritz
1976 Bicentennial
1976 Fleetwood Talisman
1961Continental Convertible

N Kahn

Quote from: Barry on March 12, 2013, 10:37:57 PM
Your pics make me so happy ! Did you by chance see the top work on the Blue 58 Raindrop Car ?

It doesn't work, there's a plain stainless cover over where the sensor was, some of the mechanisms remain but I think it would be difficult to make it operable again, the car is nevertheless stunning with its bucket seats and console, I wish I had taken more pictures but I was swamped answering questions.

I'll bet you were being one of the most recent concept cars to come to light. Looks like a great time all around and for your family.

And to think - this whole tale began as a result of a search for a stock '61 Sedan.   ;D

Blade

Congrats Nadeem! Matter of fact I was also just going to tell you that I was browsing the net today for more pics on the '59s and came across the Cyclone with your car next to it! I said: hey, I recognize that person and car, that's Nadeem with his 61 show car!   :)  So happy for you!!

Also want to congratulate on the beautiful work you have done so far to that car. Keep up the good work!

cadillacmike68

Quote from: N Kahn on September 28, 2012, 10:26:53 PM
This is my last word to you Ray, the two sheets above came from researchers at GM, I couldn't get anything from GM, that's what I meant to say, it took someone who knows people there to get the job done, I have their names and email addresses. I myself took no stock in the information I was given with the car and none of it has panned out. I feel you're upset because I turned down your $30,000 offer to buy the car, why would you have wanted the car then when there was very little documentation and now that there's a ton it's some sort of fake?

I really don't want to dignify you further with any comments, good day.

I'm still going through this thread. As Spock would say; Fascinating...

Well said Nadeem! some folks can't give it a rest. (like my wife - ohhh i'm gonna get it for that one for sure  :o ).
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

N Kahn

I've been enjoying driving it, this front end problem is nagging though. I can't see anything visibly loose on it. The car drives fine until everything's gets warm and then the shimmy starts, heat related maybe? I need to dig deeper and fix it, I don't want to replace everything if it only needs some parts and I'd like to drive her a good long distance.

cadillacmike68

Quote from: N Kahn on April 02, 2013, 09:04:20 AM
I've been enjoying driving it, this front end problem is nagging though. I can't see anything visibly loose on it. The car drives fine until everything's gets warm and then the shimmy starts, heat related maybe? I need to dig deeper and fix it, I don't want to replace everything if it only needs some parts and I'd like to drive her a good long distance.

Check your control arm bushings. They can look tight but move under strain. Strange handling if they are not good, sort of like Mr Toad's wild ride! Could be the steering gears as well.

Ar you in or near Orlando? I'm over by Tampa - when I'm home.

What you have done in such a short time is absolutely amazing.  Your varied and accomplished skills are unsurpassed. Are / were you a master body finisher & welder?  I've not seen someone do that much on something that quickly.

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike