News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

engine number on a 1955 eldorado

Started by alv0995, November 20, 2007, 07:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alv0995

I have been looking on the right side and the left side near the freeze plugs where I thought it was, but have not been able to find it. should it be so difficult. I see that the engine is painted gold. Is this correct.
A. Garner

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

The engine should be "Cadillac Blue" and the valve covers gold to match the gold
on the "batwing" air cleaner.

The engine number is on the block, on the top lug below the
valve cover about 4-5 inches from the front.  It should match the number on the
front frame fork (same side).  For example, my number is 21363.

Thse numbers can be faint and covered with paint / crud which makes them hard
to see but they are there!

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

homeonprunehill

Quote from: alv0995 on November 20, 2007, 07:34:04 PM
I have been looking on the right side and the left side near the freeze plugs where I thought it was, but have not been able to find it. should it be so difficult. I see that the engine is painted gold. Is this correct.

11-20-07
A.Garner, Take the advice of Mike. They are stamped Lightly into the frame and  HARD to see. The state inspector, with 15 years experence, took 45 minutes to find the one on my car.
Good Luck,JIM
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES