News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'73 Cadillac parts

Started by 35-709, December 01, 2012, 01:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

35-709

I am soon to take my '73 Coupe deVille parts car to the scrap yard, there are a few parts left that might be of use to someone but not much.  No engine or tranny, no front seat and the mid-body trim is gone.  I do have most of the bottom stainless trim, the driveshaft, the complete Twilight Sentinel setup including the on/off/sensitivity switch, an AM/FM stereo radio with integral 8 track player.  Have not tested the radio, although I can if desired, but I have no way of testing the 8 track portion.  Plenty of nuts, bolts and some Cadillac specific hardware and wire connectors that could be cut out.  Have fender skirts also which are fair to good.  Good inner front fender liners --- none of it pretty, most is driver quality.  Also have a fair grille and some bumper parts that could be used as is but to be nice will need rechrome.
Contact me with questions by answering this post or PM. 

Edit:  Actually I DO have a TH 400 tranny but it will need a rebuild.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

TJ Hopland

Any decent interior parts?  What color was it?
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

35-709

The interior was #385 Antique Dark Saddle leather.  The front seat was shot but I kept the 6 way mechanism --- motor, transmission, and cables.  The rear seat leather is dried out and has stitching separation.  The dash top is excellent (strangely enough) and although I have a good dash top in the car I restored I don't know that I want to sell my spare dash top right now.  The exterior color was/is brown. 
Thanks.

35-709

This car has 88,000 miles on it and the power steering box in it is a rebuilt unit, so while it is not a "fresh" rebuild I would think it has to be a low mileage rebuild.  These boxes fit many years and models.  $50 plus shipping for that. 

35-709

No offers or other questions?  Can provide pictures if needed.  eBay Motors is next for some of the items and then they go with the car to the crusher, I can't keep it all.
Thanks.

Racer81x

Where are you located, and any rust in the frame and body?
S. Leist

35-709

Sorry for the late reply, I had about given up.  The frame is fine, surface rust.  The doors are good, hood and trunk lid are not good.  Right front fender rusted, left fender if you are interested I would have to dig out of the trunk and look again.  I have pretty much stripped the car so it is for parts only.  I am in Vero Beach, Florida --- east coast --- about 80 miles south of the Kennedy Space Center.