News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

exterior mirror

Started by Ed Levy, June 30, 2006, 12:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Levy

I have a 1965 Cadillac deville convertible.It has a door mtd. ext. remote controlled rearview mirror on drivers side. There is no similar mirror on pass. side. Did Cadillac offer one as an extra cost option ? Or was nothing available for that year ?  Ed Levy club # 7110-L

Dale

Hi Ed. It was an option, but quite rare.

Dale.

Lars Kneller 8246

I am not aware of a passenger mirror offered as an option.  I have seen some people take a drivers side mirror and jerry-rig it to fit the passenger side.

Dale.

Hmmm.... I just then had a look at the 1966 brochure I have (I dont have a 1965 brochure), and there is no mention of it there. Ditto for the 1967 brochure I have.

But the 1968 brochure showed something. Although there was no MENTION of a passenger mirror, there was a picture of a Series 75 Sedan that showed a mirror fitted on the passenger side.

It still doesnt answer your question though.

Warren Rauch

I checked the 1965 Data Book and the assesory folder and neither contains any reference to a right mirror.Warren