News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Digital Dash in a 1991 Fleetwood

Started by QuirkyCadGuy, December 03, 2012, 11:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

936CD69

Jamie, glad I could help! Thanks for posting the resolution so others may gain from your experience.....
Craig Brillhart CLC# 26217
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Carmine Red White Top-SOLD!
1993 Sedan deVille Spring Edition Triple Black
CLCMRC Benefactor #302

mskarin718

I am having this same problem with a 1993 Deville. I am trying to find a Central Power Supply for it. Does anybody have the service manual pages for this repair?

antiquecar

My 1990 Eldorado was backfiring, then smooth, then backfire and so on. Also the digital display would dim out, one side at a time or the whole thing, was driving me nuts.

I had replaced the starter and these things started to occur.
I followed your advice and checked the grounds. The ground cable from the starter housing to the battery was inadvertently installed over paint and no star washer was used.
I cleaned off the paint on the starter housing, installed a star washer and the backfiring was gone. The loss of the ground from the engine block to the frame caused the ECM and sensors to go nuts.
Now I had the digital dash display to deal with. I was going to take it out and send it for repair. I'm glad I didn't do that because following your advise , the ground wires behind the battery and the black grounding block on the R/F fender was corroded and dirty.  I took them off, cleaned them, installed star washers, installed a ground wire from the grounding post, (was loose) to the fender just to make sure, couldn't hurt. and lo and behold, the dash illumination returned to normal.

DIDN'T REALIZE HOW IMPORTANT THESE GROUNDS CAN BE SO IMPORTANT. They were tight but not grounding properly.
THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR ADVICE., Ralph......