News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1949 Series 62 Sedan running

Started by DennisK, April 05, 2014, 11:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennisK

After 7 years in the garage I have finally gotten my 49 series 62 4 door Cadillac cleaned up and back in a running state...not a full restoration but it still looks nice,  and as old cars go it still needs work, but that is just part of the pleasure of owning one.

When all is said and done, more is said then done.

Jay Friedman

1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

kav

1953 series 62
nicknamed  SERENA

Dan LeBlanc

Very nice car.  48-53 is one of my favorite body styles.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

rghobden

I'll bet she was happy to get out after 7 years in the garage!  Gorgeous!!  Russ Hobden #1235
Russ Hobden, CLC #1235

Richardonly

Dennis,

When you have a chance, how about some interior pics?

Gorgeous car, have fun.

Regards, Richard
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

Tito Sobrinho

Beautiful car specially its colour. Agreed with Dan...1948-1953 it's my favorite Cadillac style.
Tito S.

1949 CCP 6267X  (First Series)

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.

DennisK

Thanks for the comments, will get some interior pics up this week.

joeceretti

The colour is great. I also would like to see more pictures of everything, whatever you can post.

Doc Hubler

Wonderful looking car!  Looking forward to more pictures!
Tim Hubler #28450

1948 Cadillac 4862X 4Dr Sedan

1933 Hudson Standard 8
1940 Plymouth Bus. Coupe
1941 Hudson Pickup, Bus. Coupe, Sedan
1942 DeSoto Club Coupe
1946 Dodge 3W Bus. Coupe
1946 Chevrolet Suburban
1950 Hudson Commodore Coupe / Pacemaker Sedan
1951 Hudson Hornet
1955 Chevrolet 1/2T Pickup
1956 Hudson Super Wasp
1960 Dodge Dart
1967 Oldsmobile Toronado
1968 Mercury Park Lane Brougham

harry s

Very nice. No disrespect to the Corvetter, but given the choice I'd have to go with the Caddie.   Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Good for you!!
7 years is an awfuly long time to keep walking out into the garage, seeing it but not driving it.  Glad you have her out and about.
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

Jeff Maltby 4194

Right On. Reminds my flight back to Franktown ,Colorado in 86 for my new sedan.

What a great 2.5 day journey back to the SF bay area it was as a young laddie, even the vapor lock @ Lovelock Pass, Co and the snow storm in Ely,Nevada where Don Frolich grew up.

Only the 'Shadows" know ?

~:<)
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

DennisK

more photos...taken at Cadillac through the years car show last weekend....there were a couple of 49's, a 2door coupe and a fleetwood.

Jay Friedman

I see you have parking lights instead of the fog lights that most '49s have.  Mine has parking lights too, which are much easier to deal with than fog lights.  Among other things they are easy to work on, and the bulbs are easily found and cheap. 

Is that a temp gauge under the dash?  How about a pic of the motor?

Jay
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984

DennisK

Quote from: Jay Friedman on April 20, 2014, 08:50:21 AM
I see you have parking lights instead of the fog lights that most '49s have.  Mine has parking lights too, which are much easier to deal with than fog lights.  Among other things they are easy to work on, and the bulbs are easily found and cheap. 

Is that a temp gauge under the dash?  How about a pic of the motor?

Jay

Yes the parking lights are what was with the car, I put a aftermarket gauge in as our summers are extreme so I wanted a good handle on the temps...the other one works but is not used, I Will get some motor shots this weekend.

Thule

Ivar Markusson.  icelandic cadillac club (part of CLC)
73 Eldorado coupe.

Jay Friedman

Looking at the 4th photo in the 2nd set of photos which shows the interior of the car through the opened right front door, I noticed in that there is no gasket in the oval defroster heat passage (hole) at the end of the dash.  (You can't see this passage when the door is closed.)  These gaskets are available from Steele Rubber Products, part number 70-0446-31. 
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984

49caddyman

At a ridiculously exorbitant price, I might add!  Better sit down when you find out the price for a pair of these! Joe Cutler

R Sotardi #11719

Sadly, not available for the 1950; At least 6 months ago, when I called Steele. These were the only 2 years  that Cadillac  had these registers. Ron