News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

WTB 46 to 49 60 Special Project

Started by BJM, December 07, 2011, 09:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJM

Putting out feelers for a 46-49 60S project car prefer midwest to reduce transport costs. Would appreciate any leads. I am trying to get some of the major cars from the early post WW II era and have already purchased a 48 Packard Custom 8 (solid project) a 49 Chrysler New Yorker Club Coupe and a 49 Kaiser Virginian.  I have located a 47 60S project but feel it is over priced at around $2700.  What I am looking for would be a non running car that is complete with a "tattered" interior good for patterns. Rust? Prefer none as all of us would but I am realistic. Prefer no major dents in the body but if a dent exists in a replaceable part I guess that would be OK. My budget varies but I have paid $1400, $1500 and $600 for the above solid projects. The New Yorker is a survivor car that runs and drives, for instance.  Looking also at a 49 75 series for $1000 but it's located on the west coast and transport would add $2000, but that gives you some idea...

My "dream" 60S project would be a solid rolling 49 for around $1500.

contact me by email at  abc.moran@netzero.net or I will check in here soon.  Bryan  515-520-2611