News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

looking for A good for speedometer repair shop

Started by Bill Balkie 24172, January 07, 2012, 05:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello ,
  I have removed the Dash cluster and also the Speedometer mechanism from my car . Does any body know of a good speedometer shop that rebuilds the speedometer guts ?

Thanks,
  Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

TonyZappone #2624

I have used them.  Very good.  Not cheap, not expensive.  Reasonable for a good job.
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

WhiteCaddy70

Bill's Speedometer in Michigan. He advertises in Hemming's. They had my speedo just 2 days, but somewhat pricy, but great work & you get what you pay for.
Doug
Doug Brinson

David King (kz78hy)

Bill,

The Shop in MI is Bob's Speedometer.  I have used them as well for gauge repair and I have a new speedo cable waiting to be installed.  They are 20 minutes from my home.
Same family business that has been around Since 1929.

As with all custom, quality work, you must pay a little more, but who wants to remove the cluster again for rework.

http://www.bobsspeedometer.com/1/120/index.asp

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

m schantz

Bill, the guy named Craig at McVey's Cadillac in Kansas does repairs of speedometers and odometers. He's supposed to be very meticulous and good. Michael