News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

looking to replace my 1957 Convertible rear 1/4 window weatherstrip

Started by Bill Balkie 24172, January 03, 2013, 07:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello,
I am looking to replace the weatherstrip on the rear 1/4 window of my car . Does anyone know of a source that offers these parts . I have added a picture .
Thanks,
     Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

J. Gomez

Bill,

That would be the windows sash/belt weather stripping you should have one strip on the inner and outer side. It is a 7/16” mohair face flex strip with chrome bead; these can be found at several weather stripping locations and Steele has it listed as part 70-0555-58.

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello Jose,
     i found that part in the Steele cat. and it list up to the year 56 . I called and talked  Steele about the part . they said that the part they have is straight and rigid  and does not have the curve that is required for a 57 / 58 model . At this point i am not sure if i could bend it and also concerned about the mounting tabs lining up . i will continue to search , but as always thanks for your help .

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

J. Gomez

Bill,

Sorry I input 1956 in the search, force of habit.   ;D

Yes these are rigid but can be bend easily to form over the panel contour. Metro Molded Parts has them also under WC8-72; you can call both Steele and Metro and asked if they can send you a small sample.

I may have a small pieces somewhere and could take pictures and send them over if you wish, will need some time to find them that’s for sure.  :)
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Bill Balkie 24172

Thank you Jose ,
       i found what i needed at Rubber the right way , might have to do a little bending but i think they will work fine with a couple of modified clip and the use of the imagination .
  have a great new Year  Jose ,
                     Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

J. Gomez

Bill,

Oh yeah those small clips..!   >:( Try to save them if all possible, I’ve found http://www.mrgusa.com/ has them and I’ll need to get about 30 of them.  :(

Same to you my friend Happy New Year.

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082