News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Do we have lists of top recommended paint and upholstery/ mechanical shops by State?

Started by Karkrazy, July 30, 2015, 11:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karkrazy

Looking for those in the central n western Nj or SE Pa..or nearby areas..Any resources you guys want to share ? I think it would be helpful to members. Guess the same would be true for mechanics who know what they are doing and like old cars..
Likely some of you own my former cars.. I had many, many Cads as well as other luxury makes over the years.
Currently have no collector cars right now, but looking..if you have something give me a try.

Karkrazy

Likely some of you own my former cars.. I had many, many Cads as well as other luxury makes over the years.
Currently have no collector cars right now, but looking..if you have something give me a try.

Dan LeBlanc

Posting a list of recommended vendors on the forum can be misinterpreted as a CLC endorsement of such a vendor list, and, as such, opens up a huge can of legal issues.

A list was posted on this site some years ago and was removed after review from the club officers.

Discussions are encouraged offline via private messaging for items of this sort.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

35-709

A lonnng list of vendors (a list that used to be here) can be found at the Modified Chapter of the CLC

http://www.modifiedcadillac.org/ 

Click on "Forums", then click on "Discussion", then look 5 topics down from the top and click on "NEW Huge List of Cadillac Parts Vendors".

The list is in no way a recommendation of any vendor but merely a listing of the many vendors that serve the Cadillac hobby and other makes.  There are no shops listed that I can think of. 
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

David Greenburg

Check with folks at local shows and ask who did the work on nice interiors that you see. 
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Karkrazy

I was asking to perhaps just help steer a fellow Caddy guy .sure I have to see their work and make my own mind up..I understand suggestions aren't endorsements.. And sure guys can email me directly if they've seen fine work from craftsman who enjoy working on these old babies..

76eldo

I can give you two suggestions for the Bucks County PA area.  One is high end perfection, the other is good quality for a budget.

I have had lots of work done at both shops.

You can email me at rachlin@comcast.net for details.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Karkrazy