News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

May 2016 North Texas Region Cadillac & LaSalle Club Newsletter

Started by Bill Levy CLC # 25695, April 30, 2016, 08:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Levy CLC # 25695

May is the time for spring flowers and there are lots of them out, if just get your Caddy and take a ride and pay attention to them (to the road too).

This month’s Standard of the World newsletter brings you the following:

Note that I am trying out new type fonts for headings, so if you have the time let me know how you like/dislike them.

Front page and page 2 We have the 44th Pate Swap Meet Setup.  The NTXCLC is one of 16 car clubs in the Texas area that puts on this gala swap meet, the largest west of the Mississippi River, and it is a lot of work.  Our club sets out the tile place markers or the vendors and the sign posts for the streets.  The big  BIG!  storm we had on the 26th after we had it all set up tore up a major part of it, so NTX along with the Model A club and the HCCA put it all back together again before the vendors arrived on the 27th. Whew! ( The people at the site Tuesday night were having outhouse races from the wind to see which one would hit the north fence in Zone 3A first…)
Page 4 is the calendar of events, and there will be more.
Page 5 is the intro flyer for the NTXCLC Regional meet, held at J.R.’s house.  Hope you can join us.
Pages 6 and 7 are about the CLC Grand National in Las Vegas this year.  I had a super time, my team judged seven beautiful Cadillac cars, and we all had some neat trips around the area.
Page 8 has some important messages.
Page 9 â€"Once again, reminding to of one of our important community events, Cruisin’ For The Cure in beautiful downtown Ft. Worth, Texas in September
Page 10 is from the AACA Museum.
Page 11 is all about our June event.  Get your hotel now and send in your registration.  It will be a good time.  Even if you have seen it before, the “TEXAS” play in the canyon is worth seeing again.  And the three meat Chuck Wagon Barbecue is more than worth the trip itself.
Page 12 is your registration for the 19th Annual Inter-Regional Meet in Huntsville, Texas. (Don’t pick up any hitch hikers…)
Page 13 is our Sunshine Report and another message.
Pages 14 -16 Institutional stuff for your fridge.
B. Levy
41 61S Fastback
68 Sedan DeVille
68 Coupe DeVille
73 Fleetwood Brougham
01 Eldorado ETC
06 STS 1SG