News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Share a ride

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, May 29, 2018, 04:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I am arriving in Austin, TX airport Wed, June 6th @ 11:30 AM on Southwest 1098. Is there anyone arriving about that time (within a half an hour or so) that might wish to share a ride to San Marcos?

I found out that there is something called "Super Shuttle" and although you "share," they do have a set price per passenger. So, thanks for looking and see you there. BW
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

ElZilchoTX

If no one gets back to you I could be your “uber” with my 62 Sedan DeVille
Ryan Albert Donovan - CLC # 31361
62' Cadillac Sedan DeVille

chrisntam

Gracious of Ryan to offer the ride!   8)

And not to diminish a cool looking '62 SDV, but I was perusing a back issue of the SS today thinking of you needing a ride.  What would be funny (and perhaps fitting) is have someone with an old(er) Series 75 Limo pick you up.  I mean get the full treatment, chauffer dressed in period garb, load your luggage, open your door, etc.  What a sight to see!

Oh well, just a fleeting thought...
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Since we already have things set up, (and Ryan's wife will miss the driving tour that day,) we'd probably better let well enough alone. Spouses that actually enjoy "old car stuff" are rare upon the ground, and should be cherished highly.

But just to let you know that you made a pretty good guess... Back in the dark ages, I was picked to help advertise a funeral home in the back pages of our high school annual. I was pictured in a dark suit (and hat) holding the door open on a (Packard) hearse. 
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

ElZilchoTX

Barry,
If you are expecting anything near as posh as a limo you are in for a long sad trip. The way my DeVille runs is embarrassing...but the A/C is cold and the ride is free.
Ryan Albert Donovan - CLC # 31361
62' Cadillac Sedan DeVille

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Hey, I've had both a '61 six window and a '64 Fleetwood. The '61 had the best radio of all the Cadillacs I've had, and the '64 I wish I still had. It needed and engine and a paint job, and a friend talked me out of it. So, I'm looking forward to the ride.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville