News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Research library-Gilmore Museum

Started by arton4wheels, June 09, 2017, 02:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arton4wheels

Yeah, so I went to the Gilmore to take some photos of a few cars under the hood.  I made advanced arrangements and they were very accommodating. 
  So then I took a look at their research library.  A very nice man took me to a file where they have all their 1950 Cadillac stuff.  They had 4-5 black and white photos of the outside of the car.  That was it.  LOL.  I think they need to browse ebay a bit.  LOL.

I am aware of the research center for the club in Dexter, MI http://www.cadillaclasallemuseum.org/researchandreadingroom.html

I'd like to take a trip there some time.   I am curious as to why the  Cadillac & LaSalle Club Museum and Research Center Inc. at the Gilmore doesn't have any research materials in the building other than the displays.....which don't get me wrong....are awesome.  I just kept walking around in there saying to myself "where is the research center exactly".
Ken
LaPorte, IN

1950 Series 6169

I prefer email over PM  arton4wheels@yahoo.com