News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1956 Engine Compartment

Started by gatech1956, December 05, 2017, 07:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatech1956

Quote from: stzomah on December 27, 2017, 09:38:26 PM
I had my engine compartment done about 2 years ago!  I'm happy to show it off!

I like it! Was your engine pulled when you did that or was it left in? Personally, I want to try to keep it in. Engine runs fine, don't want to chance anything getting messed up from pulling it.

stzomah

They did a "nose job"....  pulled the fenders, hood, engine, front suspension...  I had acid rot from the battery on the one inner fender and we decided to pull everything off.  Had the engine rebuilt then later had the tranny done.  I always wanted to get the firewall and inner fenders done.  It is just a dream to open the hood now.  I wish you luck with your car...
1956 Series 62 Coupe
owned since 1975

gatech1956

Just wanted to post a fun update on my engine compartment detail. My car was featured in a small video on facebook. It comes on around the 3:27 mark. Car has been in the shop for a while, humidity has been killing the paint progress hopefully all the work wraps up soon. A lot of progress has been made this week. Also, the engine doesn't look cadillac blue in the video but it is in person  :)

Enjoy! https://www.facebook.com/CaffeineAndOctane/videos/2059698684054099/

(Yes, I know the transmission should match the blue color of the engine. Shop has corrected it since the video has been made)