News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Diamond Back Auburn Radial?

Started by David Greenburg, December 26, 2017, 05:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Greenburg

I'm wondering if anyone is actually running the DB Auburn radial, their new "bias ply looking" radial.  Looking elsewhere for information, there seems to a a lot of buzz and anticipation, as well as delay in getting it out in sizes other than 16."  It is listed in their current catalog, although not at the 2.25" ww width I would want.  I am assuming that like their other tires, they could do a different width.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Steve Passmore

They were supposed to be making extra wide whites in about 3 different sizes. I needed a set earlier in the year and waited for the release which never happened and had to go with another brand sadly.
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

David Greenburg

That is unfortunate.  They weren't picking up the phone today, but I've sent an email inquiring about availability. 
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville

David Greenburg

I spoke to Rusty at Diamond Back today.  They do now have the radial in 8.20x15 size, and will do a 2.25” whitewall despite not listing it in the catalog.  So I’ve ordered a set. Driving the ‘61 through San Francisco over Xmas made me realize I’m done with bias plies.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville

Dan LeBlanc

That's good news seeing as how the 8.20-15 was used on pretty much everything Cadillac!

The difference on that car with radial tires will be night and day.  I know I never enjoyed driving with bias ply tires.  I'm done with them also.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Janousek

I just put a set of 8.2-15 on a 57' Biarritz.  Won't be able to drive them until spring but I did notice they balanced without a lot of weight.  They also hold the weight of the car good where in past a set of coker radials would squish the sidewall right down and look flat.  Beauty bars are worth the extra 20 bucks a piece. 

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

David...please post some close up pictures of the new tires on the car. Also post whether if the height of the car is affected compared to the biases.

Thanks. 
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Dan LeBlanc

I want to see the pics also. Wish these were available when I had the car.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

David Greenburg

I’m having the tires installed Friday, so look for pics and assessment on Saturday.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville