News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1969 Eldorado, $7900 in NM

Started by 67_Eldo, April 02, 2018, 11:36:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

67_Eldo

BJM

This 69 looks like the right deal for someone.  It's a dry state, slick top, so we know more about possible rust issues if any around the rear windows. 

But I know and others know, these are mechanical nightmares.  There is NO mention of mechanical needs, or repairs previously done, nothing that I can see in a free and unlimited text section.  OK, tires, I'll give you that, but nothing else. 

Sure you can call him, and he may remember to tell you.  I want to direct you back to that low mileage purchase of the white 1973 ? Eldorado out of Houston that one member brought up to Indiana or Ohio.  And how so much was left out of the ebay auction.  Now he has it, buyer beware, yada yada yada. 

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, this car IF it looks and runs like the ad photos, is a bargain at $8,000.  Someone should call him and get a better idea then post results here.

67_Eldo

If I was in the market for a "happy-face" (my terminology) first-gen Eldorado, I'd be checking this one out.

In addition to the long list of standard what-about questions, I'd want to know specifically:
* why the headliner is screwed up (look at the rear-seat pic)
* does the cruise work well
* about the AM-only radio (and speculating on an audio-system upgrade)
* if any brake or bearing work was done when the new tires were mounted
* if it has been repainted and if that new paint might hide any old rust

BJM

Spoken like a true 1st generation FWD Eldorado owner!  I agree with all of your comments.  Headliner would not bother me much, repaint would.