News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

66 Eldorado Autronic Eye

Started by jadob, January 20, 2018, 11:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jadob

Hello. I have a 66 Elsorado with every-option (i believe). In any event the autronic eye in the drivers side front of the engine compartment has a gold color wiring type harness going into the back of the unit and a short green wire that comes out from the back of the unit. The green wire is not connected to anything. Anyone have any idea what that wire is for, and where it should be connected to? Im not good with electronics so im at a loss. Thanks.

JD

Glen

The attached is from the 67 shop manual.  I think the color code is the same but not sure. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

cadillactim

The green wire is a test wire for the special tester.

Tim
Tim Groves

jadob

Thank you both!!! Tim glad to see ypur still here i have a few other issues i need help with can i contact you directly?

cadillactim

Yes, you can contact me directly. My shop phone is temporarily down due to construction, but you can email me directly at tagroves@wctel.net

Tim
Tim Groves