News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Removing heads from 365, one head bolt stuck real bad

Started by J.J. Laakso, January 23, 2018, 01:54:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.J. Laakso

Thank you Rob, but I need exact lengths as I need to order new ones. Somebody had assembled the heads with mixed bolts with various styles and lots of different lengths and I don't know which ones are original.

For example:
- Rocker arm shaft bolts were longer on the other side
- 5 middle head bolts which all should be same length, were not
- Outer edge (bottom row) bolts had 4 different lengths

J. Gomez

Quote from: J.J. Laakso on February 01, 2018, 01:13:49 AM
Thank you Rob, but I need exact lengths as I need to order new ones. Somebody had assembled the heads with mixed bolts with various styles and lots of different lengths and I don't know which ones are original.

For example:
- Rocker arm shaft bolts were longer on the other side
- 5 middle head bolts which all should be same length, were not
- Outer edge (bottom row) bolts had 4 different lengths

Jesse,

Maybe this section from the Master Parts List will help you in sourcing the bolts.

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

J.J. Laakso

Quote from: J. Gomez on February 01, 2018, 08:13:28 PM
Jesse,

Maybe this section from the Master Parts List will help you in sourcing the bolts.

Good luck..!

This is EXACTLY what I need! Very cool! Thank you very much!

J.J. Laakso

I need to buy that book ASAP, but is there a list for the intake and exhaust manifold studs and bolts?

J. Gomez

Quote from: J.J. Laakso on February 02, 2018, 01:22:06 AM
I need to buy that book ASAP, but is there a list for the intake and exhaust manifold studs and bolts?

Jesse,

You can get reproduction copies of the MPL on either soft CD or hard copies paper. The CD should include the Shop Manual for the particular year with the MPL covering multiple years and it is searchable as well.

One note to mention is either format the quality would be mid to low depending on the supplier those are copies of a copies of a copies…..!  :(

You may be able to find the real OEM hard copy manual just be ready for the $$$ shocker.  :o

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082