News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1957 Coupe de Ville trim code

Started by rbanks, January 24, 2018, 01:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbanks

I'm wondering if anyone can decipher this trim code, it doesn't seem to match anything on the forum's code document.  Trim SO 20620.  Style is 57-6237DX  Thanks.

Congratulations. Your interior is a Special Order and different from the standard equipment. You should provide some pictures. The '57-experts will be able to tell you what is special about your car. 
1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville

rbanks

Thanks for that, mystery solved.  I was wondering if there was something peculiar about this car as the paint code is 12, which is alpine white, yet current colour is a blue that looks like 24 tahoe blue.

Belgium1958owner

Do you have pictures of this Special Order interior ?
1958 Eldorado Seville, body 481
1956 Eldorado Seville, body 1968
1958 Eldorado Seville, body 612 (parts car)
Member of : 1958 Cadillac Owner Association
CLC # 29119
1956 Packard Four Hundred Coupe, body 3002
1956 Packard Caribbean hardtop, body 81

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Quote from: rbanks on January 24, 2018, 03:38:33 AM
Thanks for that, mystery solved.  I was wondering if there was something peculiar about this car as the paint code is 12, which is alpine white, yet current colour is a blue that looks like 24 tahoe blue.
Not so fast!! Mystery NOT solved. The SO trim has nothing to do with the current paint color. Your car has been repainted a different color.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

rbanks

Thanks Bob, I meant the mystery of the interior.  I realise that it must have been repainted in a non-original colour, it's just that the trim code had me puzzled.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

If you post some pictures of the interior, no doubt one of the 1957 authorities here will immediately know what the special order is. (Assuming the "evidence" had not been erased by repairs/restoration of the interior)
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute