News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1957 Eldorado Seville Survivor back on the road since 1979

Started by Acmemopars, January 28, 2018, 09:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acmemopars

I acquired a 57 Eldorado Seville about 6 months ago and the engine was seized and missing the intake and carbs.  The car was dirty and needed a serious cleaning but was amazingly complete, missing hardly anything.

I finally got the engine and tranny rebuilt (stock) and installed new brakes, gas tank, PS, Water Pump, etc...etc... and broke the engine in last week and did the maiden voyage today.

-- Still need a fuel line so I just ran it on a jug of gas which you can see zip-tied behind the grille in the photo below.

The interior is in amazingly great condition and all original.
Blue leather with blue metallic cloth.

I'm still looking for a good carpet kit.  Lots of places claim to sell them but I've not had any luck so far.

I'm trying to keep it a survivor since everything is original and mostly all works rather than perform a restoration. 

------------------------------------------
Engine Pad: 5762033769
Passenger Frame Rail: *5762033769*

Data Plate:
Style: 57-623SD7
Body: F W 7 6 8
Trim No: 53 U
Paint: 94 - 7
Top: 7

ACC: E
------------------------------------------

It's been fun.

Mike Nelson
Denison, Tx

Mike Nelson
Denison, Tx
CLC# 31194

57 Eldo Survivor
70 Sunroof Charger 1 of 1
56 F100

Skwerly62

Wow great car Mike! Congrats on getting her back to life and on the road. It’s very satisfying. Did the same to a 58 Sedan about 2 yrs ago, and caught the Caddy bug. Wish you success and enjoyment.
Chris
1958 Extended Deck 62 Sedan SOLD
1960 Coupe - current project
USCG Vet - Fly CG!

Cape Cod Fleetwood

There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

2manycars

1964 Coupe de Ville
My Current Projects:
1957 Ford Thunderbird
1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS Convertible
My Special One:
2001 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (bought it new)

Acmemopars

---Update---

Installed the new gas tank with stainless steel gas lines.
--> Works a whole lot better than the anti-freeze jug gas tank strapped behind the front grille.

Installed rear shocks.
Removed front shocks - new ones going on this week.
Got all exterior lights working (headlights - tail/brake lights - turn signals - backup lights - fog lights)
Got all dash lights and gauges working
New Brakes and brake lines

Punch list:

Kickdown linkage (PV Rod)
--> My PV Rod (kickdown linkage) is for a single carburetor setup and does not fit my OEM dual carb setup (I tried for 30 minutes).  I just bought a correct dual-carb PV rod and it should be in the mail shortly. 

Speedometer cable
I bought one from O'Rielly and will install it soon.

Heater blower motor does not work.
Need to troubleshoot.  I have +12v going to it but it still does not work.  I'll remove it and test it on my bench.  I have an extra in case the motor is locked up beyond repair and can't be unstuck.  Also need to install the heater / defrost duct.

Radio
My radio does not work when I power on (allow time to warm up) and connect to speaker.  The red glowing light in the middle illuminates but still does not work.  I need to remove and bench test / replace the capacitors, inspect other components for obvious damage, etc...  (

Install new carpet kit.
Just arrived in the mail, need to remove seats and install.

Runs / Drives great (aside from PV rod not connected) so I have to drive it easy so as not to damage tranny.

Take Care,

Mike Nelson
Denison, Tx
CLC# 31194

57 Eldo Survivor
70 Sunroof Charger 1 of 1
56 F100