News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1964 Bucket Seats and Console wanted

Started by gmbpmidway, January 30, 2018, 02:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmbpmidway

I had a set for my coupe deville but unfortunately the came up missing at the upholstery shop. I am ok with a set that needs to be completely redone (yes at a different shop). Thank you

35-709

Came up missing?  They were stolen, plain and simple.  Much sought after, you might find them but unless you come up against someone who doesn't know their value and scarcity, be prepared to pay up.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I would make a report to the local police so that you will have the loss on record. And definitely make a stop at your insurance agent if you have the car insured. I don't know their value but I would estimate that your loss might be approaching felony charges instead of a mere misdemeanor. And then start watching Craigslist/OfferUp and eBay. People who swipe things like this cannot wait to profit from their activities. They also don't think anyone else is as "smart" as they are in the way they try to dispose of purloined items. Good luck.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

kevinanderson

Try country classics in remsen,  Iowa. Talk to Stan.  Had a set . Google for phone number. Has lots of odd ball stuff. And nice buildable stuff. Had things I couldn't  find anywhere.
Kevin

gmbpmidway

yes,  I know they wont be cheap to replace.  I have been looking at swap meets and on the web.  This happened a year ago and now I figure that I need to bite the bullet and try to find some and pay for them..

Kevin, thanks for the lead.

kevinanderson

Just curious if you had contacted Stan at country classics concerning the bucket seats. The console and door panels were still in the car when I looked at it.  He had placed the bucket seats in storage. Just wondering and wish you the best of luck.
Kevin

gmbpmidway

He emailed me back the next day and said they were sold.. thank for trying...

The Tassie Devil(le)

I trust he gave you the proceeds of the sale.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Jason Edge

Hello, I have been selling parts for 63/64 Cadillacs for 21 years now and the bucket seat and console is indeed a hot commodity but I do occasionally bring them in. I usually bring in 2 to 4 1963/64 parts cars in a year and will eventually get more bucket seats in. (I do have a set of 1964 buckets for they are for the sedans with the stiff uprights, and console has been sold). I keep a Wait List for any items customers are looking, and I can add you if you email me at jasonedge@nc.rr.com with contact info.

Just to note, since only 2.4% of the 1964 Cadillacs came with bucket seats and a large % of those would have been in the Fleetwood Eldorado with the Baku veneer on the console and different seat design & materials, the 1964 deVille coupe/convertible bucket seats may be difficult to find.  They are out there but the supply of these are drying up as the demand goes exponentially up!  When I bring a parts car in it is always a roll of the dice of what I will get, seat wise, but know the bucket seats & consoles are becoming very rare so you might want to consider going back with bench seats if nothing turns up in the near future.  I will be removing a set of bench seats from a 1964 Coupe de Ville in the very near future that would bolt right into your 64 CDV. I am in the Raleigh area of North Carolina, close to interstates 40, 95 and 85 if you are on the east coast.
Good luck and just let me know if you want to go on my Wait List. Also feel free to post to our 1963/64 Cadillac Website wanted forum at www.wanted.6364cadillac.com   
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - www.6364Cadillac.com
CLC Carolina Region Webmaster - www.CRCLC.org
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

Jeffrey Burland

Jason,
I'm curious as to your source of 2.4% (3,982) of 1964 Cadillacs having bucket seats. Is there a listing somewhere  other than tallying up documentation from the GM heritage center?
Jeff Burland, Just one guy with too many 54-76 restorables and parts to list
https://www.facebook.com/WillingtonCadillac/

Jason Edge

Quote from: WillingtonCad on February 05, 2018, 10:49:41 PM
Jason,
I'm curious as to your source of 2.4% (3,982) of 1964 Cadillacs having bucket seats. Is there a listing somewhere  other than tallying up documentation from the GM heritage center?
Jeff, I pull almost all my fun statistics from Ward's Automotive Yearbooks. Most of the 1963 statistics can be found in Ward's 1964 Automotive Yearbook 26th Edition; and most of the 1964 statistics can be found in Ward's 1965 Automotive Yearbook 27 Edition.  The bucket seat spec for 1964 bucket seat was pulled from the 1965 Yearbook Page 21, Percent Factory Installed Equipment on '64 Model Cars. There are a lot of interesting stats in these books which I started posting on the 63/64 site on a new Trivia Forum at www.trivia.6364cadillac.com We have had a lull in the trivia action but plan to put some more up in the near future.
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - www.6364Cadillac.com
CLC Carolina Region Webmaster - www.CRCLC.org
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

gmbpmidway

Jason,  the funny thing about your suggestion about running a bench.  I am actually doing that now but it has been eating at me since the buckets disappeared and now I want to go back to the buckets...

Eldorado James

What years was that specific console used?
~Eldorado James~

Currently:
1972 Eldorado Convertible
1975 Eldorado Convertible

Past Cadillacs:  Too many to remember.

William Aprile

call bill at 1 516 319 54754 i have  what you need

gmbpmidway

Tried calling you but not sure of your number.  please give me a call.  I sent you a message with my number

William Aprile

gmbpmidway

Sounds like someone got a great set but it wasn't me.  I am still looking....lol

Tonyv_73

Does anyone know if bucket seats from a riviera are the same? Would probably help a lot but the next step would be reproducing the console.
1963 Series 62 Convertible
1965 Eldorado
1966 Calais Sedan
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1970 Wildcat
1970 Coupe Deville
1973 Eldorado Convertible
1974 Coupe Deville
1976 Coupe Deville
1981 Eldorado Biarritz
1985 Eldorado Commemorative Edition
1991 Brougham
1993 Eldorado 4.9
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
2006 XLR
2006 DTS
2014 XTS

Larry Savino

Do you have a picture of what 64 seats look like? I have a set of seats but I think they are 65/66

This is an on line album with some pictures of them

https://larryvsa.smugmug.com/Other/Cadillac-Seats-/n-cFPHmd

Chuck Swanson

Quote from: Larry Savino on April 15, 2018, 01:55:15 PM
Do you have a picture of what 64 seats look like? I have a set of seats but I think they are 65/66

This is an on line album with some pictures of them

https://larryvsa.smugmug.com/Other/Cadillac-Seats-/n-cFPHmd

FYI-Bought Larry's bucket seats and console today....nice guy!
Chuck
CLC Lifetime
AACA Lifetime
Like 65-66 Club: www.facebook.com/6566Cadillac
66 DeVille Convertible-CLC Sr Wreath, (AACA 1st Jr 2021, Senior 2022, 1st GN 2022 Sr GN 2023), Audrain Concours '22 3rd in Class.
66 Sedan DeVille hdtp
66 Calais pillar sedan
66 Series 75 9-pass limo
65 Eldorado (vert w/bucket seats)
65 Fleetwood
07 DTS w/ Performance pkg.
67 Chevy II Nova (AACA Sr GN 2018)
69 Dodge Coronet R/T