News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Radiator caps

Started by yachtflame, February 01, 2018, 04:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yachtflame

Does any one here know for sure if the 1931 and 1932 Lasalle radiator caps are the same? I’ve looked thru my books but can’t get a positive answer.
Thanks for any light you can shed on this.
Wayne
CLC#17057
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

DaveZ

Hi Wayne,
  Hope all is well in your world. You down south?  Anyway I think not. See attached 32 cap.

Regards,
Dave Z
Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B

DaveZ

Wayne,
I checked the parts book and 31 and 32 have two different numbers for drilled and undrilled caps. I am pretty sure the neck on the 31 stands higher and the cap doesn't run into the radiator shell flat like in 32
Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B

yachtflame

Hello Dave,
Thanks for getting back to me. No, our yacht got destroyed in Hurricane Irma and the next one a week later made things worse. We’re here in Western MA spending our first winter in the snow in over 30 years. Trying to make the best of it. Got out the family’s old toboggan and bought some new snowshoes!
  How’s your dad doing. I haven’t seen either of you since the Lake George GN back in ‘14. Tell him I said hi.
I see the cap bottoms are different. I do have a couple of the tree armed inserts. Now I’m wondering if I can remove the 1931 insert and attach the ‘32 insert. Unless you have a spare that you want to part with!
  All the best to you and your family.

Wayne
CLC #17057
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

DaveZ

Sorry to hear about the yacht:-(  You get to reminisce what we have every year:-) Pop's moved in with me now, but at 88 he is still doing ok. Right now he is down in Az with my brother enjoying warm weather and car shows. We don't have any spares, but I think Pete Sanders has them. I am pretty sure it is another one year only deal! What I am not sure of is the size of the cap. I am pretty sure 31 is different. I will measure one of mine and send to you.
Dave
Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B

DaveZ

Wayne,
The diameter of the cap outside edge to outside edge is 3 5/8". In the picture you can see how it sets on the radiator.

Dave
Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B

yachtflame

Thanks Dave. I appreciate the help.
All the best.
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075