News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Is anyone familiar with this car?

Started by Dulcidog2, February 01, 2018, 09:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dulcidog2

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1955-cadillac-series-60/6467450769.html
Seems decent and reasonably priced.i might be interested.any info appreciated.
Bill Lawlor14869

Caddy Wizard

The guy has been trying to sell it for a while.  I actually think it is a good value for the right person.  But to me, it looks like it has some tinworm issues -- look at images 8 and 12 and you will see some corrosion where the chrome meets the paint. 

I would say there are two ways to go with this car.  Tinker and enjoy, but don't restore the paint and body.  Or strip it to bare metal and do a total resto.  Your choice...

Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

TMoore - NTCLC

I think that "Decent" is a fitting description, and the price might be fair, depending on what a personal inspection reveals.  I would think that this would make a fun car for touring - there are several issues, but a running, driving 50's Cadillac that just needs a few tweaks is hard to find at this price.