News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Dyeing leather seat in 74 Eldorado

Started by danjarrett1, February 01, 2018, 11:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danjarrett1

The leather seats in my 1974 Eldorado are beginning to show their age. I’ve treated them with traditional leather treatment but still find the color a little faded and bare in some spots. The interior color is red, has anyone have any success in dyeing the leather seats without the tell-tale remnants of dye that can show up on your clothes?
Would like to get a few more years out of these seats before I’m obligated to replace them with new.
1974 Cadillac Eldorado convertible
2007 Cadillac Escalade
1980 Cadillac Seville “Bustleback”
1985 Cadillac Eldorado

Carl Fielding

HI Dan. Your first stop should be with Bill Hirsch. This is one of his specialities , has been for decades. You will find his ads in the Self Starter Commercial Classifieds. See if you can talk directly with him. Great old guy (even more so on both counts than I) , very helpful on the phone and in person. Please post pics of before and after !    - Carl

danjarrett1

Thanks guys! I’ll reach out to him and research the kink as well
1974 Cadillac Eldorado convertible
2007 Cadillac Escalade
1980 Cadillac Seville “Bustleback”
1985 Cadillac Eldorado

cadillacmike68

Quote from: StevenTuck on February 02, 2018, 06:28:18 AM
I have used "Leather Touchup Dye" with great results. Here's the link to their site.

https://www.leathertouchupdye.com/

Yeah, but it's $25 extra for a "custom color" and virtually all of our cars are "custom color" to them. I'm sure my Fleetwood's medium blue leather is custom to them. And they want a "sample"?? Sure, let me just cut a part off my seat.

A shoe repair store might have the correct color red dye for you..
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike