News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

WTB 66 Eldorado Center Console Latch

Started by jadob, February 02, 2018, 12:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jadob

Hello;

Im looking for the chrome “U” shaped part that attaches to the bottom of the upper door of my center console. This part then attaches to the lockimg mechanism below to allow the console to be secured. I have attached a pic of the item im referring to. Thank you in advance.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

While I am not familiar with either car, this might just possibly have been used (to save $$$) on a Riviera as well. You might at least check with Bob's Buicks. It's worth a phone call.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

jadob

Hello Barry;

Thanks for the tip. Ill give them a try tomorrow. This little part is like trying to find a needle in a haystack...

Chuck Swanson

I bought a console a few years ago and the latch broke during shipping.  I have yet to find a replacement.  I bought a similar repro one from (I think a GM), but it was not the right size;  I finally found another broken console with a good latch :)  I then bought a third one that was damaged for parts to make a spare.  Please post if you ever find a repro one as I have a full spare console with a broken latch.   Chuck
CLC Lifetime
AACA Lifetime
Like 65-66 Club: www.facebook.com/6566Cadillac
66 DeVille Convertible-CLC Sr Wreath, (AACA 1st Jr 2021, Senior 2022, 1st GN 2022 Sr GN 2023), Audrain Concours '22 3rd in Class.
66 Sedan DeVille hdtp
66 Calais pillar sedan
66 Series 75 9-pass limo
65 Eldorado (vert w/bucket seats)
65 Fleetwood
07 DTS w/ Performance pkg.
67 Chevy II Nova (AACA Sr GN 2018)
69 Dodge Coronet R/T

jadob

Chuck;

Thanks for the reply. I have yet to find anything out there, i will keep looking. If i find a  new, used, or repro one i will definatley let you know. Im sure there has to be some out there somewhere.

J.