News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Car Shows...

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, February 03, 2018, 12:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lexi

Mark how are yeah? Good tip with the micro fiber towels. There have been a lot of posts on white wall cleaning. I found that Spray Nine with one of those towels or with 4 zero (0000) steel wool for stubborn scuffs also works well. Also is good idea to keep water off the car. I have only washed mine once, but regular maintain the finish. Just don't like the idea of water seeping down into all sorts of areas where it could generate rust. Think someone else also mentioned it, but while great for photo ops, I generally avoid parking under trees at a car show. If they are shedding their sap it can be murder getting it all off. Good luck at the show Laurie! \m/ Clay/LexiClay/Lexi

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: StevenTuck on February 05, 2018, 01:42:41 PM
Thanks Laurie.

The window sticker is a reproduction of the original not "phony". Phony implies fake.

A photo on the showboard/car show sign ties the written content directly to your car. A showboard is a marketing tool and the audience are the people at a show. People respond to photos more than words alone. Plus pictures have been used in posters, ads and brochures since the dawn of the automobile.

How would you get a copy of my car's original window sticker? I'm all in if you can do that!
Yeah but the car (19' long, 6 1/2' wide) is - right in front of you. You really need a photo?
Laurie?
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: lexi on February 05, 2018, 12:35:44 PM
Laurie that is a great idea! Reminds me of those "Flickback Video Gift Cards" that were available (and still are) that featured a similar theme based on the the year of your birth. They also came with a DVD. I got one for my Caddy's year, 1956. They also did one for 1970, your car's year,  and it would also be a nice added piece of decorum for the front seat with lots of great additional ideas for you. My card says www.FLICKBACK.com on it, if you want to check it out. They are great trips down memory lane and offer a wide variety of nostalgic related stuff! \m/ Clay/Lexi

Edit 1: On a "Geek note", not sure why they pictured Attack of the 50 ft Woman as it was from 1958...oh well... Also looks like they have changed the graphics on the '56 perhaps as a result? Is this now a collector's item???!!!

Edit 2: Lots of older (and newer) cards and related stuff at this site. Think the B-Day greeting cards with DVDs go back to 1929. Great for the senior members. Best of all I think they all feature cars prominently :)

Great idea! \m/
Laurie!

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: lexi on February 05, 2018, 03:42:32 PM
Mark how are yeah? Good tip with the micro fiber towels. There have been a lot of posts on white wall cleaning. I found that Spray Nine with one of those towels or with 4 zero (0000) steel wool for stubborn scuffs also works well. Also is good idea to keep water off the car. I have only washed mine once, but regular maintain the finish. Just don't like the idea of water seeping down into all sorts of areas where it could generate rust. Think someone else also mentioned it, but while great for photo ops, I generally avoid parking under trees at a car show. If they are shedding their sap it can be murder getting it all off. Good luck at the show Laurie! \m/ Clay/LexiClay/Lexi

\m/
Laurie!

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: jaxops on February 05, 2018, 02:36:53 PM
Just a folup: I just use "SOS" pads and water on my whitewalls.  I also bring some wax and windshield cleaner and some micro-towels for spots I may have missed.  I have reproduction inspection stickers on my windshield.  I also wrote up my own dealer options for the window.  A lot of folks are amazed at the price until you tell them you could buy a house or this Cadillac back then...

I try to keep water off of the car except for a once-a-year bath. 

Enjoy the car and the fellowship!

My dad always used SOS pads! I 'had' all the options and prices for the car somewhere, and lost it. :(
Laurie!

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: StevenTuck on February 06, 2018, 08:46:50 AM
I didn't say it was a copy. I said it was a reproduction. Owners send me the VIN, dealer and options. I then recreate a Monroney label just as it was originally made...reproduction. It has the correct color, type fonts and perforated edge.

Regarding the need of a photo, I didn't say you needed a photo. I said the sign was a marketing tool and people respond better to a photo instead of words alone. Since you feel you wouldn't need a photo then don't put one on the sign. I have a college degree in graphic design with 38 years of experience but what do I know.

Steven I wasn't indicting your competence. I'm just questioning the need for a photo of a car that's a foot behind the sandwich board. Your original description of the window sticker wasn't as clear as this current post, now I get it. And it sounds interesting.

Laurie!

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

conv69

Laurie,
Not sure if you have ever been to the Bass Pro show at Patriot place but it isn't a show but more of a cruise night on steroids. I'm sure you can find some videos out there. 800 - 1000 + cars, trucks, an bikes of all years on some nights. I have to warn you though that it is an early crowd, I usually get up there after work around 7:00 and a good number are already leaving and that is mid summer, April most will be gone by 7:00 with sunset around 7:30. it is a good spot for you to get your feet wet and would be great to see your car in person and another Cadillac too.  My car will not be there as it is still very much in pieces :(
I think you will really enjoy the Larz Anderson show and see all the Cadillacs displayed it makes a nice day. A lot of knowledgeable and friendly folks too just like here on the forum. The museum exhibits are always interesting too.

~Rick

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: conv69 on February 09, 2018, 11:31:57 PM
Laurie,
Not sure if you have ever been to the Bass Pro show at Patriot place but it isn't a show but more of a cruise night on steroids. I'm sure you can find some videos out there. 800 - 1000 + cars, trucks, an bikes of all years on some nights. I have to warn you though that it is an early crowd, I usually get up there after work around 7:00 and a good number are already leaving and that is mid summer, April most will be gone by 7:00 with sunset around 7:30. it is a good spot for you to get your feet wet and would be great to see your car in person and another Cadillac too.  My car will not be there as it is still very much in pieces :(
I think you will really enjoy the Larz Anderson show and see all the Cadillacs displayed it makes a nice day. A lot of knowledgeable and friendly folks too just like here on the forum. The museum exhibits are always interesting too.

~Rick

I'll be at Gillette April 12 or April 26 (rain date) Rick, really looking forward to it! That will be my "practice" for Larz. Come say 'hi'!!
Laurie!

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville