News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Concours winning, fully restored 1941 model 6227D

Started by Mitchell CLC# 22427, February 03, 2018, 04:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitchell CLC# 22427

1941 Cadillac 6227D deluxe coupe – A Numbers Matching, Concours Winning Full Classic

This lovely car was built in February of 1941 and then sent to a dealership in New York.  From there it went to Texas and then on to California.  It was stored inside for over 30 years prior to being purchased by a great CLC member who resides in Texas. A true, full fame off nut and bolt restoration was completed in 2013 of a numbers matching, rare (less than 2,000 were made, and only about half of that with the new hydramatic) car. The gentleman who restored it has been expertly restoring cars for over 25 years and has judged at Cadillac LaSalle Nationals. He is very active in the Cadillac LaSalle Club. Upon completion, it was invited to the 2013 Concours d' Elegance of Texas and won first in its class, a class shared by highly restored Auburns, Cords, and Packards.  I purchased the car in June 2013. Since that time, it has won some local shows. As a CCCA Full Classic and prior Concours winner, it is eligible for many events. It is a comfortable and reliable car for touring as well. 

2013 Frame Off Restoration Notes:
-Car was completely stripped and taken down to the bare frame.  All parts were media blasted, primed, and painted.
-Car was originally black with Vincennes red wheels and green wool interior.  After consulting the color charts for 1941 and many pictures, it was decided to paint the car in the two-tone combination with Vincennes red wheels and matching red pinstripe, per the 1941 CLC authentication manual. 
-The interior was complete, but it was stripped down to the bare springs, which were individually re-bagged with cotton, replacing the original burlap.  Lovely two-tone leather was installed and hand sewn.   
-Wool carpets and the trunk kit are from Jenkins interiors
-Headliner is new grey cotton felt. 
-Matching numbers engine was rebuilt. It is strong, smooth and quiet and has hydraulic lifters.  The engine is famous for having been used in tanks in WWII. 
-Carburetor was rebuilt by Daytona Parts Company, the best in the country. .
-Transmission was rebuilt with new parts from a 1948 hydramatic, per advice from the Cadillac LaSalle Forum.  The cases were identical, but improvements were made after the war and most restorers upgrade to the 1948 internals. 
-The original front brakes are included, but a power disc brake kit and power rack and pinion steering kit made specifically for this car by RPM Engineered were installed in such a way that they have typically gone unnoticed by judges.  Greatly improves driving now, with power steering and brakes.
-All rubber was replaced. 
-Worn out fasteners were replaced with stainless. 
-Exhaust manifolds were re-porcelainized and inner coated.
-Differential was checked out and new bearings and seals were installed. 
-All brake lines, fuel lines, gas tank, master and slave cylinders were replaced with new components 
-New stainless steel exhaust system 
-Original radio was reworked by S.Texas Antique Radio - now has FM and a hidden iPOD jack 
-12v conversion and upgraded to well disguised Pertonix ignition 
-Complete, new, wiring harness came from Narhagansett 
-Wiper motor was replaced with a custom 12v motor from Newport out of concern for safety
-All chrome was re-plated. 
-Starter and generator were of course rebuilt. 
-Original radiator was serviced and a new thermostat for the shutters was installed. 
-Water pump was rebuilt using stainless steel internals and an additional pulley was installed to give me the option of adding air conditioning. 

July 2013- Present
Install Vintage Air – under dash A/C
Mount/balance 4 new Diamondback Radial Tires
Install lap style seatbelts
Sourced original owners manual and extra key blanks from Jesser Keys
New wiper arms and blades
New brake light switch
Reseal power steering pump
New glove box light
Install new auxiliary fuel pump with hidden under dash switch
New temp gauge and sending unit
Restore heater box housing – not installed but comes with car
New lower radiator hose
Rebuild starter
New voltage regulator
New lighter plug
Routinely change all fluids

I am asking $55,000 or best offer which, as you can imagine after reading the above, is far less than what is invested in this lovely car. I am only selling it because after almost 5 yrs of ownership, I have shown it everywhere locally that is possible, and just don’t have the time to enjoy it as it deserves to be. I am really hoping it goes to a fellow CLC member, before I decide to list it on Ebay and Hemmings.

Can email me through here
CLC #22427
M.  Terk
1941 6227D Coupe
1967 Eldorado
1939 75 Series Convertible Coupe (sold)
1958 Eldorado Biarritz  (sold )

Mitchell CLC# 22427

Photos from Texas Concours
CLC #22427
M.  Terk
1941 6227D Coupe
1967 Eldorado

Mitchell CLC# 22427

More Photos...
CLC #22427
M.  Terk
1941 6227D Coupe
1967 Eldorado

Mitchell CLC# 22427

Just put it on ebay. Good visibility, but way too many scammers on ebay.  Hope it goes to a CLC member, as a lovely, sorted out car.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1941-Cadillac-Other-Deluxe-Coupe/232661546592

CLC #22427
M.  Terk
1941 6227D Coupe
1967 Eldorado

Mitchell CLC# 22427

Bump for a great car needing a new home
Open to offers
CLC #22427
M.  Terk