News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

3 technical questions on my 57 Eldorado engine bay.

Started by Acmemopars, February 04, 2018, 10:22:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acmemopars

I have my rebuilt original 365 (dual quad) engine and back in the car, broke in and running great.

Since the engine was disassembled and out of the car when I got it, I had to make a few guesses when putting it back together.  Here are my issues:

Throttle rod:
The original throttle rod from firewall to carbs was missing and I had to make my own.
I found an original on eBay for quality quad but it appears to be too long.
Please show a photo of the throttle rod setup from firewall to carbs.

Tranny kick down linkage :
Please show a photo of how the KD linkage connects at the carbs.

Fuel line to carb :
Where does the main fuel line route as it comes up from the passenger frame rail through the engine bay and over to the fuel filter.  Is it metal all the way or rubber ?
Thanks for any photos

I appreciate any help !

Mike Nelson
Denison, Tx

Mike Nelson
Denison, Tx
CLC# 31194

57 Eldo Survivor
70 Sunroof Charger 1 of 1
56 F100

fishnjim

Just worte this then the time expired B4 I could post.
1. Rods seem to vary, maybe for model and frame.  Just needs to adjust to idle and WOT.

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Mike,

Attached are scans of 3x5 35mm pics that may not be the greatest.

Pic 1: The throttle rod runs from the dash pot on the firewall to the front carb.  It’s  seen as the gently curved ½” diameter silver rod that rises over the rear carb throttle connection , passes under the vacuum port connection between the carbs and terminates on the front carb connection. The light (white) rod below the throttle rod is what connects the front carb to the rear. -more below

Pic 2: Is the rear carb. The throttle rod is the silver rod passing over the rear carb throttle connection. At the bottom of the pic is the TV rod, with some rust on the turnbuckle, where it attaches to the rear carb. The TV rod is “S’ shaped with the turnbuckle adjustment on the carb end.

Pic 3: Larger overview of both carbs the left one being the front. The silver throttle rod and attachment to the front carb are clearly visible in the lower left. The light (white) turnbuckle below the throttle rod is the connecting rod between the two carbs. The TV is not in the image.

Pic 4: The two carbs - front on the left â€" showing the connecting rod and turnbuckle in the center lower portion and the return spring in lower right

HTH
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

Acmemopars

Mike Nelson
Denison, Tx
CLC# 31194

57 Eldo Survivor
70 Sunroof Charger 1 of 1
56 F100