News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1950 Superior Hearse; 1956 Sedan deVille; 1960 Sedan deVille

Started by leedlast, February 05, 2018, 07:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leedlast

A friend is selling these old Cadillacs and I offered to post them here.  Please see the attached photos. As you can tell, they all need restoration. The cars are among many others in similar condition and are located in Oregon. Please contact him for additional information, pricing, etc.  Contact seller: Blue Nelson, bluenelson@earthlink.net

He told me that many of the cars were bought new by the current family and never left the ranch property and quite a few of them were original paint as well.

1950 Superior Hearse. Parked in 1977, complete car.  The interior in the back is all hearse it just appears to be white now.

1956 Sedan de Ville. Full power/ A/C, Autronic eye, E-Z eye glass. Original paint, original interior. Parked 30 + years ago.

1960 Sedan de Ville. Full power, A/C, Cruise control. Original paint (what's left), original interior. Body is very straight except the rear left fin.

Best regards,

Ed Leed
Ed Leed CLC #26541

The Tassie Devil(le)

I see that the '60 is still on Air Suspension and pretty well optioned up.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Barry M Wheeler #2189

The main problem with "family" cars like this is that the owners still see them as they were thirty years ago, when the car may have still be running and only needed a couple of things. But mom wanted a new car and the dealer didn't offer enough trade allowance, so the car gets parked out back.

Soon, another car joins the first. And perhaps another as well. Then, mom looks out back one day and starts complaining about all that junk sitting there. And maybe one of her friends says, "I was flipping through the channels the other day and hit on an auction. You wouldn't believe what people are paying for old cars. Why I imagine that if you advertised those cars out back, you'd have idiots from all over the country come and want to haul them away. All they need is a set of seat covers and a little paint... You'd probably get enough money from them for a couple of new cars!"

I bought a '41 Cadillac from a guy in KY once. He also had a nice '56 Chevy. We got to talking and he told of a bunch of Tri-5 Chevys that he saw parked on a hill. Well, he got out and looked at them from the gravel road. Before long, a pick-up truck showed up with a guy and a dog inside. The guy got out and gruffly asked, "What do you think you're doing?" My guy said, "Oh, just admiring the cars up there." The other guy said, "Well, they''re MINE, and THEY'RE NOT FOR SALE!." The dog chimed in with a growl.

My guy picked up a stick to protect himself and the other said, "Put that down, that's on MY property. If you don't leave you're in big trouble. My brother is a deputy and you have to drive through his territory to get back to the highway. Now GIT!" I've always wondered if those Chevys are still up on the hill. Maybe Beth Reedy can arrange a tour  on that gravel road for the 2019 GN.

Ed, thank you for posting the cars. No offense is intended towards the owner of the cars. We always like to see them "no matter what." And it is very possible that "one of us idiots" will haul one or two of the treasures home and make it new again. I noted something that might sell one of them quickly. Guessing contest? Best of luck to your friend. BW.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

johnwalker

1949 6207
1950 6137
1940 6019S 3 window coupe
1948 olds 98 sedanette
1947 diamond t pickup
1930 model a roadster/392 hemi
1949 cadillac woodie (was a buick)
1933 chrysler royal 8 3 window coupe