News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Interior needed

Started by spf720, February 05, 2018, 10:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spf720

New to this forum. I recently purchased a 60 six window and have a lot to learn as I put it back together. The car is in to be painted and I need a complete interior. I have the old interior although it is in rough shape. Where is the best place to purchase the proper seat, headliner and door material?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve

Barry M Wheeler #2189

SMS in Oregon is the best by far. They have a web site.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Bob Kielar

I agree with Barry about SMS. You need to have plenty of led time to get your fabric. I don't know much about a 60 Cadillac but get all of the materials in one order. I made the mistake of not doing this and when I reordered the second time the dye lot did not match. SMS took the material back no problem and got me the correct material. That took extra time and my upholster had to take to the owner to correct the problem.

Keep Cruzin,
Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

spf720

Thanks for the reply’s and info on SMS. Looking at their reviews they appear to have good material although also have some issues getting the material to the customer.  I am located in VA and was hoping to have someone a little closer. And would prefer if they could also do the work.

Crow331

I'm guessing they are high end (true?) because they don't list the prices, half the items have no pictures and no real descriptions??  Their website could use some work.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Given that most manufacturers changed designs each and every year, having pictures would be nearly impossible. I would rather have them, but realize why they don't. They are good about sending you swatches and if they don't have it, they can reweave what you need. And sure, it's going to be expensive. For what they make for you, they may never have a call for that material. It'd be a lot simpler for them if cars only used plain color vinyl or leather.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Skwerly62

Steve they have Series 62 fawn cloth NOS at $125/yd. I’m sure others colors would be similar in price. That was my quote as of last week. Good luck
1958 Extended Deck 62 Sedan SOLD
1960 Coupe - current project
USCG Vet - Fly CG!

fishnjim

Having dealt with SMS, pricing depends on the material.  How much NOS or repro stock they have.   They send free samples so you get what you want.
Another period supplier of GM materials/interiors is LaBaron-Bonney.

Flyer

I recently ordered from SMS and got exactly what I needed. Communications with them is a bit of a problem as they don't answer the phone but insist that you leave a message. I worked with a lady named Kim who gave me what is supposed to be her direct number: 503-263-5208, I haven't used it so don't know if it's good. The prices are stout @ $115.00 per yard for the fabric I needed and $75.00 a yard for vinyl material. I received the order 10 days after placing it and it was packaged very well. Don't get scared off by their reviews, they have good stuff. I will use them again if I need something.