News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Giant auction of Cadillacs and parts.

Started by D.Smith, February 19, 2018, 01:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.Smith

Not my family, but worth giving a heads up on this

http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auction/the-smith-cadillac-collection-auction/

VanDerBrink Auctions is pleased to bring you the Smith Cadillac Collection. This collection hosts approx. 295 Collector Cars. 90% Cadillac from 1940's to 1970's along with Dodge, Buick, Chrysler, and more. There are 50 1959 Cadillacs, Rare 1953 Buick Skylark Convertible, and more.. All cars are for Restore, Rod, and parts. There is also a huge assortment of Cadillac Parts. The Auction will be onsite and also online.

Open house details
Preview will be April 19th & 20th, 2018 from 10AM to 6PM.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

TOO many cars with TOO many doors!!! LOL!
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

BJM

There are a few 2 doors, but yea this guy bought a lot of sedans.  Looking at the whole bill, there will be a lot of money waiting around all day for the Brougham and the Skylark and a few other signature cars.  If they were to auction those 1st, there would be a giant wind rush as people left the auction.  They will wait until later to sell those. 

johnregrus

It states in the auction info that they are in fact auctioning off the more desirable cars first.

Rick Smith the consignor has attended at least one Grand National, last one held in Las Vegas so he probably is a club member.

I met him at the Las Vegas Grand Nationals and subsequently over a period of time he sold me a number of parts I needed to complete my last restoration.

I recently sold him some rare 1956 Biarritz parts (original parade boot and rear wheel opening mouldings) that I had extra so I am surprised he is now liquidating everything at auction.
1958 Series 62
1956 Eldorado Biarritz

BJM

Yes, he dropped off some Buick parts to my friend Pete Phillips who is the Editor of the Buick Bugle.  This sounds like it will be a fun auction that would be a lot of fun to attend. 

I mentioned on the Buick forum on the AACA site that Yvette with the auction company has not done inventory and picture taking of this auction yet.  She notes every non 2 door as a SDN.  For Cadillac and Buick - that can mean many things.  I would love to own a 50's Fleetwood project vehicle or a Roadmaster. I would not be interested in a 1956 Buick Special 4 door post. 

So we need to give this time for her to run down there, and take photos and add content.

Quentin Hall

Rick is a great guy and a great friend despite probably 10 years since we have spoken. Had a great adventure going to this property when he’d just bought it.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz