News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cadillac heated seats

Started by James Landi, February 07, 2018, 06:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Landi

Eldorado James

Cadillac was ahead of the game on this one.  Interesting how it worked though -- "It only operated with the engine actually RUNNING by means of detecting generator-output to control a relay; secondly, this relay was shut off once a water temperature sensor indicated the car's coolant was warm enough for the heater to provide "adequate heat". (The 75 Series Limousines had this option only available for the rear seats).   I guess that prevents you from being grilled like a toaster.   ;D  I recall hearing stories that this system was erratic and potentially dangerous, and thus Cadillac pulled it.  Maybe somebody who knows mid 1960's Fleetwoods would know more?  Fun read.....
~Eldorado James~

Currently:
1972 Eldorado Convertible
1975 Eldorado Convertible

Past Cadillacs:  Too many to remember.

Rich S

I thought it was still offered in 1969? However, in any model year it was offered, it was "rare" to find a Cadillac equipped with the heated seats.
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe