News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Vendor for restoring alternator starter ac parts

Started by 2manycars, February 10, 2018, 12:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2manycars

Hey gang! I'm going to be doing some under hood freshening of my all original 64 CDV. The A/C is dead. Car still has original alternator in it, possibly the starter too. I'd like to get the alternator, starter, regulator, and all of the A/C parts restored, to include plating / finishing as original.

Anyone here have vendors they have used for these items? I'm looking around in the Corvette world too, since this is done all the time on those. Thanks in advance!

Bill Conte
1964 Coupe DeVille
1964 Coupe de Ville
My Current Projects:
1957 Ford Thunderbird
1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS Convertible
My Special One:
2001 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (bought it new)

2manycars

Gratuitous picture of the CDV... :D
1964 Coupe de Ville
My Current Projects:
1957 Ford Thunderbird
My Special One:

2manycars

1964 Coupe de Ville
My Current Projects:
1957 Ford Thunderbird
My Special One:

Acmemopars

Quote from: 2manycars on February 10, 2018, 12:31:55 PM
Hey gang! I'm going to be doing some under hood freshening of my all original 64 CDV. The A/C is dead. Car still has original alternator in it, possibly the starter too. I'd like to get the alternator, starter, regulator, and all of the A/C parts restored, to include plating / finishing as original.

Anyone here have vendors they have used for these items? I'm looking around in the Corvette world too, since this is done all the time on those. Thanks in advance!

Bill Conte
1964 Coupe DeVille

Hi

You need to look locally for an Alternator / Starter Repair Shop, they can do this for you.

I live 1 Hr North of Dallas and have a small / local Alternator / Starter repair shop who has rebuilt dozens for me.
They will take your original equipment, test it and rebuild it with modern components and test it before they give it back.

I recently had my original Generator out of my 1957 Eldorado Seville (365 ci) rebuilt as a single wire alternator and it looks 100% accurate and original.  Same with my original starter.  They can also convert your original equipment from 6v to 12v, etc...

If you go to your local Orielly's or Autozone and ask them for a local repair shop I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.  Also, it usually only takes 1-2 days to get it back !

Here is the local company I use but I'm sure there is a local shop near you:

Alternators Generators & Starters Sales & Service. Battery Distributors Of North Texas. 619 N Houston Ave, Denison, TX, 75021. ( 903) 465 - 5001

Good Luck
Mike Nelson
Denison, Tx
CLC# 31194

57 Eldo Survivor
70 Sunroof Charger 1 of 1
56 F100

cadillacmike68

Lookm for an Auto Electric place. Most larger cities have them I've had both starters and Alternators redone locally.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike