News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

68 SDV wiper pivot removal help

Started by taintedsaint, February 09, 2018, 01:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taintedsaint

Getting the last items off my 68 after removing body from chassis so its ready to go to blaster. I'm stuck on this center pivot for the wiper arms. I've attached two pics, inside cowl and out. Anyone done this before or can offer tips? While the end of the shaft is threaded (visible inside) there is no nut on it. ALL suggestions appreciated.

Joe S.
Nokesville, VA 20181

The Tassie Devil(le)

From my recollections, the thread is actually a part of the mounting plate, and there should be three "screws" on the top.   Looks like there is one visible in the picture from the top.   Looks like a 5/16" AF head.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

taintedsaint

Thanks Bruce. I'll dig a little deeper. Just needed a heads up as to what I may encounter.
Nokesville, VA 20181

DeVille68

In the first picture on the left you see the ball stud riding in the cup. This cup is held tight with little screws. You need to move the arm a bit to access those through the opening. Loosen the two screws and you can unhook the arm.
1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible (silver pine green)