News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1976 Fleetwood $2350 obo

Started by BJM, February 25, 2018, 01:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJM

https://dubuque.craigslist.org/cto/d/classic-1976-cadillac/6495197613.html

hhmmm, looks tempting.  Basically a one owner/family car (sounds like a rich farmer)

Not mine -
Very Nice Project Collector Car. Frame is Very Solid. Powered by 500 V8 that runs Great. No Transmission Issues! New Starter, Alternator, Plugs, Wires, Rebuilt Carb. Needs Fuel Sender, Radio, Tires, small Exhaust work, small a/c leak (needs to be charged) and a set of rear Fender Extenders (fillers). Very Pretty Pearl Blue Exterior Color with a soft, plush cloth seats with no rips. electric windows, locks, and seats along with working climate control system. This Car just needs a Little T.L.C., My Father Purchased this car when it was 1 Year Old. Looking to move it to a Good Home! Asking $2,350.00 or Best Offer!

chrisntam

He certainly wants to sell it as is with no clean up.

I can suggest that the driver never washed his hands prior to driving it.

::)
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

STS05lg

Bryan, by the pound that is a really good buy for a one owner straight car. The original rear bumper fillers pretty much confirms it has never been hit likewise the doors and hood align which is an issue with these as the doors and hood are very heavy and can become missaligned if the car has been mistreated. Having the first hand history on one of these is priceless, you know going in how it was maintained. Don't let a little bit of dirt be a concern. She will clean up pretty good. All the hard to find interior plastic parts appear to be in good condition. There is a guy in PA that can put the wood grain back in the steering wheel, he does great work. One thing the rear air ride looks down, may be because car has been sitting. However the original style air shocks are unobtainum so an easy fix is to install sedan de ville springs and shocks or jury rig dual air lines to Monroe air shocks. Sorry I talk to much, what I am saying is that is a great buy for a one owner Fleetwood... 

BJM

Thanks Lynn - I did not know these have air suspensions.  I would surely want to correct that by installing air shocks - if they still make such an animal, I guess they do - rather then try to restore the system. 

I guess also I can get new Eaton Spring springs for the back, and new gas charged shocks. 

I reached out to the seller.  Yes, chrisntam, this is yet another 2nd gen seller that just wants his old mans cars gone.  He likely drives a souped up 4x4 truck which in Iowa, as a farmer, qualifies as a huge tax deduction!

Color is important, I like these colors.  But everything has to work out just right, starting with this seller CONTACTING me.  We'll see, but it's been for sale for awhile with no bites.  Rather than use Des Moines Craigs List, and other larger area CL searches, I HIT Dubuque Iowa on my way to Chicago and see this car. 

D.Smith

A true barn find.   As in farm barn.   Typical farmer car.   They bought them to drive not pamper.

Growing up in the 70s I saw plenty of big Cads, Lincolns and Chryslers on local farmers properties.    When business was good they had no trouble affording the best cars.   The newest one was usually the wifes and kept at the house and only used for trips off the farm.    The old man however instead of trading in the old one he would keep it until it was used up.  This meant you saw him driving his Town Car or Fleetwood up and down those dirt roads and onto the muddy fields. 

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I'd want to know how much moisture is trapped in those seats...
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

BJM

Quote from: Barry M Wheeler #2189 on February 25, 2018, 05:38:52 PM
I'd want to know how much moisture is trapped in those seats...

That is not an image that will leave me soon.   ;D   I just think the old car has been neglected for awhile. It might be perfectly fine.  2 emails to the seller have gone unresponded to, so I am moving on.  I know in this age of SPAM and fraud, people are reluctant to provide a phone number, but when you have to send emails using CL link, it often falls into SPAM and/or gets short shrift to all the texts people leave now.