News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1959 Eldorado Biarritz: In Cold Blood (1967)

Started by Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621, February 12, 2018, 10:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

In Cold Blood was aired last evening on TCM.

I was never certain whether the '59 Cadillac in the hitchhiking scene was a Series 62 Convertible when I first saw the film some time ago but now it's clear the car was definitely an Eldorado Biarritz. Appears to be white with black interior.

If it still exists, Bill Refakis would surely know!
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

kevinanderson

How about the one in the Sinatra film "Hole in the Head"?
Kevin

59-in-pieces

Eric,
These old eyes, they ain't what they used to be.
I see the Eldo trim on the side in both pics, and the Eldo "V" on the rear bumper ends, but I can't see the rear grill or the deck lid trim well.
It looks like the car has a Series 62 single row of bullets in the rear grill and too blurry to see if there is an Eldo bar above the trunk lid SS.
Here are a couple of pics for comparison for folks with better eyes than me.
Wouldn't be the first time a regular convertible was dressed up like an Eldo, you know those movie types.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

There were a couple of interior shots if you look at the video. Car is equipped with power vent windows. Although blurry, I think there are 3 rows of bullets in the rear grille as well. 

My money's on Biarritz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQXj8pF6Rx4

Cadillac appears around 1:06 in the video.

Just watched again. The top of the front seat backrest is smooth, not pleated as on a Series 62.

There's no doubt in my mind it is a Biarritz. 

59-in-pieces

S. Butcher

Quentin Hall

Broken horn ring. Soft boot added, same as my one. Interior looks red not black. Shame you just miss seeing the autronic eye or acvents.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz