News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Why can't I post pictures?

Started by Tom Boehm, February 12, 2018, 02:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Boehm

What am I doing wrong? I click on "reply" or "new topic". I type a message. I click on "attach". My picture file comes up. I click on the picture I want. I click on "open". The file information for the picture appears in the space under "attach". I click on "post" and the screen goes blank. I do not have trouble attaching pictures to my emails. If I click on post again it says I already posted that reply but it does not show up on the discussion forum.  Thanks, Tom

Dan LeBlanc

That means your file size is too large and the server is rejecting it.  It will eventually time out.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Tom Boehm

Dan thank you for your reply. What can I do about it? What is the limit for file size? I have tried to post many pictures over the last few months and the same thing happens.

Glen

Quote from: Tom Boehm on February 12, 2018, 04:17:46 PM
Dan thank you for your reply. What can I do about it? What is the limit for file size? I have tried to post many pictures over the last few months and the same thing happens.
I use windows Paint program to reduce the size of pictures.   
Open the program then click on “File” “Open”, the file explorer will open.  Find you photo, click on it and open it.  Once it is in Paint, click on resize.    In the resize window change the “100” percent numbers to something smaller.  I usually use 20 or 15 percent.  Then click OK and save the smaller picture.  Be sure to change the name of the saved file or it will replace the original photo.  I normally add the percentage figure after the original name of the file.  For example, if I am reducing the abc.jpg file to 15% I name the smaller file abc15.jpg. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Tom Boehm

Thank You Glen and Dan, I did what you said and I was finally able to post pictures. Look under technical authenticity 40 Lasalle vacuum lines.

TJ Hopland

Paint is what I use too. I'm sure there are other ways to do it but since its included in windows and is easy to use it works for me and is easy to recommend to others just getting started.    My process is transfer from phone to computer then rename and resize.   
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason