News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

A very distinctive "1984 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe" - $4000

Started by 67_Eldo, February 13, 2018, 10:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

67_Eldo

e.mason

Eric Mason

EAM 17806

Quote from: 67_Eldo on February 13, 2018, 10:24:21 AM
Not mine.

I thought the first-gen Eldorado design was timeless, but not quite *that* timeless.

https://quadcities.craigslist.org/cto/d/1984-cadillac-eldorado-coupe/6492985938.html
Cadillac did away with round headlights in 1975; was this a type error and should have been 1974?  EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

e.mason

Not sure.............but this does appear to be a 1969 Eldo.
Eric Mason

67_Eldo

Yes, it's a 1969. I've been trying to figure out how you get to "1984" as a typo.

Maybe the ad was entered by someone who had no idea of what a 1984 Eldorado looks like? Maybe they simply picked a number out of thin air?

Eldorado James

~Eldorado James~

Currently:
1972 Eldorado Convertible
1975 Eldorado Convertible

Past Cadillacs:  Too many to remember.

BJM

Yes it’s a scam ad. So - you guys don't know but one of my "hobbys" over the past few years has been CL and market searches for cars.  This is coffee drinking couch potato stuff which must end BUT - I usually put in price points on my searches because I am cheap. That has lead in the past 6 months to finding these kind of ads. Sometimes I enthusiastically cross post so someone can get a car that appears to be a bargain. 

But recently 2 of the old Buick finds have been scams. I also stupidly bit on a newer Audi TT for my daughter - bit as in I made an inquiry.  As soon as I got a scammy looking reply I googled the car and it came up elsewhere for much more money. 

Basically - if there is ONE high definition photo, and usually no more than 3, and the text is minimal and does not look right, and the price is way too right, just pass.   You can tell the Nigerian scammers don't know cars, as this ad demonstrates.