News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1948 Sedanette - 1948 Fleetwood $5600

Started by BJM, February 12, 2018, 09:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

35-709

Ohhh, if only I were 10 or 15 years younger!    :(
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

The Tassie Devil(le)

Oh, if only I was in America, and had easy access to slots of spare parts.   And lots of money.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

BJM

I always get deflated a bit when they have a 2 for 1.  I just don't have the room.  I wish I owned an acreage in an unincorporated area where they did not care about these sort of purchases.  But I don't.  BOTH cars deserve restoration and would provide different opportunities to enjoy the hobby.  I love the pre 1950 Fleetwoods (I love Fleetwoods from all years but there is a distinction with the 40's Fleetwoods IMO) so it would be hard for me to use one as a parts car. 

On the other hand, looking at those car show photos under General Discussion you see a 40's Cadillac fastback and wow those were nice cars.  And personally, for me, it makes no difference if it's a 61 or 62 series, I would be purchasing for the style and they would drive the same. 

BJM

What would you experts do about that dent on the right rear fender below the taillamp assembly on the 61 series car?   I guess the rear fenders are interchangeable from the 60S to the 61, but just curious.  And how the heck does that even happen? Must have been a tractor hit it just right.