News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

TCM movie

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, February 13, 2018, 08:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I had recorded DOA with Edmund O'Brien some time ago as it came on too late for us to watch the ending. There were several good scenes of old cars including a cream colored 1947 Cadillac convertible with the top down. It was left standing in the street by the ding-bat killer chasing after O'Brien into a drug store. (It might still be standing there but by now, I would think that it's run out of gas.)

O'Brien "rented" a very unlikely car for his getting around LA. A 1948 Studebaker Commander convertible. The top bad guy had a 1949 Buick Super convertible.  It will be some time before the movie shows up again, but stick it in the back of your mind.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

e.mason

Quote from: Barry M Wheeler #2189 on February 13, 2018, 08:50:04 AM
I had recorded DOA with Edmund O'Brien some time ago as it came on too late for us to watch the ending. There were several good scenes of old cars including a cream colored 1947 Cadillac convertible with the top down. It was left standing in the street by the ding-bat killer chasing after O'Brien into a drug store. (It might still be standing there but by now, I would think that it's run out of gas.)

O'Brien "rented" a very unlikely car for his getting around LA. A 1948 Studebaker Commander convertible. The top bad guy had a 1949 Buick Super convertible.  It will be some time before the movie shows up again, but stick it in the back of your mind.

How do you know it was cream colored?  The film was in black and white.
Eric Mason

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Nope! I still regret selling my rust free 1946 convertible It went in the cause of higher education tuition. The reason I said it was Lotus Cream is that no deranged killer (in his right mind) would buy a light gray one.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

e.mason

What happened to the other two pictures I posted, which showed the other cars mentioned by Barry?  I assume that only pictures of Cadillacs are acceptable here?
Eric Mason

The Tassie Devil(le)

Didn't you receive the email I sent to you immediately following the removal of the "offending" images?

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

e.mason

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on February 13, 2018, 08:59:15 PM
Didn't you receive the email I sent to you immediately following the removal of the "offending" images?

Bruce. >:D

Got it and answered.
Eric Mason