News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Fun read: King of the Hill 2018? Cadillac vs Lincoln

Started by Eldorado James, February 13, 2018, 02:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldorado James

I used to love the old 1970's Motor Trend articles that pitted the Eldorado against the Mark....and ran across this one today (link).  It puts the Lincoln Continental up against the CT6.  Take a read and see what you think.....agree with the writer? 

Honestly, the Lincoln front styling and dashboard put me to sleep. It's not very distinctive.  The Caddy's Twin Turbo seems like a dream engine to drive.  Yes, there is bias here....but very justifiable bias.  :P ;D ;D ;D

http://www.businessinsider.com/cadillac-ct6-and-lincoln-continental-comparison-pictures-details-2017-12
~Eldorado James~

Currently:
1972 Eldorado Convertible
1975 Eldorado Convertible

Past Cadillacs:  Too many to remember.

jdemerson

Thanks for sharing this link.

I think the review is realistic and fair to both sides. I too would choose the CT6, but the review makes clear why some folks might prefer the Continental. No major quarrel with the review from me.

I do like the name "Continental" much better than "CT6".   :-\

John Emerson
1952 Cadillac Sedan 6219X
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

Big Apple Caddy

I've always thought the Continental, while obviously newer, compared more closely to the Cadillac XTS than the CT6.  The CT6 is a step above.

Comparing XTS and Continental:
Both are front-wheel drive
Both have similar base prices ($46,395 for XTS versus $45,160 for Continental)
Both have standard V6 engines
Both have available twin turbo V6 engines with at least 400 horsepower
Both have available all-wheel drive
Both are similar in length (200.9” for XTS versus 201.4” for Continental)
Both have similar overall interior passenger/cargo volume (around 122 cu. ft. each)

Tpicks55

I liked the article, it covered all the details.

After driving both the continental is a  more luxurious feel with smooth ride, and functions too numerous to mention was the favorite for the wife and me.  I do like the styling of the CT6.  Its futuristic look aggressive handling, firm ride,and cue system is great.  We have a 16 XTS and the CT6 is not too far a departure from it just a little larger and more tech.  I'm old and Cadillacs to me mean great styling and comfortable ride. The newer ones seem to be aimed at the younger generation.  They are fast with a firm ride. 
75 Eldorado Convertible
94 Deville Concurs
2019 Lincoln Continental
2016 Cadillac XTS