News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

can anyone identify this item

Started by mario, February 13, 2018, 04:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mario

hi all:
i found this in a box of old cadillac parts. i, for the life of me, cannot identify this.
if anyone can help, i would appreciate it very much.
thank you.
mario caimotto

mario

Wow, 60 views and no one knows.
Ciao,
Mario caimotto

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Mario
Something in the back of my mind tells me I saw a device like this use on a rope line as a hanger.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Bobby B

Quote from: mario on February 14, 2018, 08:37:59 PM
Wow, 60 views and no one knows.

It resembles a hanger from the old style conveyor system in a dry cleaners or from a commercial kitchen overhead pot rack. There's my Guesses ;D.....
                                                                                 Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

That's it ( I believe) a hanger used on a "link type" conveyor belt.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Jim Stamper

Is there any spring loading in the thing, either pushing or pulling ends?

On the wild guess side, it looks like something to hold a spare tire and wheel in place in the wheel well.  Often it was a threaded rod attached to the side of the wheel well that came up through wheel center to get a wing nut to keep the spare from shifting . The tool in question looks like it might work for that, especially if it has some spring travel in the parts.

Jim Stamper CLC#13470

mario

greg and bobby:
thank you for your replys. that is what i believe also. the little square 'block' with the 'vee' cut in it is a very hard plastic. the top is cast and the silver hook is threaded into that cast 'hook; and then pinned so it would not unscrew, which leads me to believe that it is made for use on a conveyor or hanging type system.

jim:
thank you but there is no spring to it, unless it is missing, but that is a valid use for this.

i thank all of you for your thoughts and ideas. if i ever find out for a fact, i will let you know.
ciao,
mario caimotto