News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1969 Eldorado, $4775 outside of Dayton, OH

Started by 67_Eldo, February 14, 2018, 10:36:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJM

Wow, your killing me.  Another triple black with leather buckets and console.  I WANT!.  Kind of sickens me to see where it is at, them mowing around it with grass going on it.  Guy made up the price.  My wife would likely pitch a fit if I brought this home with my 68.  I would go $4500 on it if it was sorted out but like he says in caps, he just got it running.  Who knows what you are getting.  Man, triple black is awesome in about anything. (Except in July/August)

BJM

Actually it's not triple black, it's a non vinyl roof car in it's current iteration.  If that is original, that car is awesome.  Now it's outside apparently and weather will take a toll. 

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Correct about it's "current iteration" as this car had been originally equipped with a vinyl roof.

Great that it's outdoors with all the exposed holes where the boarder trim would belong... ::)

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Well, you could stick a wad of Wrigleys in each hole till you get it fixed right...
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

67_Eldo

It seems like the only part of an Eldorado I look at anymore is the area around the rear window. :-) For whatever reason, even though it once had a vinyl top (and still has the holes), the rear window either survived well or has been repaired (somehow). I'd take a magnet if I went to inspect it.

The buckets are cool but that interior has had a hard life. Large holes have been cut into the door panels and the speaker wiring is hanging out, for example.

The main thing that makes me nervous -- particularly in ads where the seller "knows" the value and prices his car "way under value" -- is when they *don't* mention any transmission-related repair or refreshment activity. Since I don't have a well-stocked shop with a lift or an engine hoist, the last mechanical issue I'd want to tangle with is a serious THM 425 problem.

BJM

Yes there are few tweeners on Eldorados (as you know all too well / me too) They either need frame off restorations, are stunning well maintained originals or have already been restored.  I shudder at the $6000 Eldorado (normally). 

I would still buy it at the right price.  So it will sit.