News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

WTB: 1967 Eldorado Brake Master Cylinder W/Factory Disc Brakes

Started by Flyer, February 21, 2018, 11:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyer

Previous owner of my 1967 Eldorado replaced the master brake cylinder with the wrong part. I need the correct part GM#1490237. Anyone have one they will part with? Thanks much.  Hugh Dean

67 Cadillac

Hi Hugh,
I replaced the master cylinder on my 67 Eldo about 18 months ago. I searched all over the net for a new one and could only find one at a low price of $500. After the sticker shock I went down to my local parts store looking for help. They couldn't find the part in stock for the Elorado but they had one for the Toronado. We looked at it and it's the same part and it's in my car now working perfectly. I paid $49. Maybe you could have the same luck. I bought mine at LORDCO in Vancouver BC. The guy that found it for me really knows his stuff. I expect that most parts guys would be working off of a part number and wouldn't think of the Olds angle
leaving you empty handed. If you can"t find one let me know and I can ask my guy. You can email me directly.
Cheers
Jeff