News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1956 Gen Armature

Started by Bruce L. Wiley, February 23, 2005, 12:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce L. Wiley

Does anyone know the Delco Remy OE number for the armature on a 56 generator? Also, does anyone know where I could get one? Thanks

Jack Mcilwraith # 10584

Jamy Cyrus

I dont know where to get the part you need, however are you opposed to changing the car to a 12 volt system?

Jamy56

P W Allen CLC#20193

Jamy,

Please be advised that ALL 56s are 12 Volt. No conversion needed. Bruce, You would probably be better off getting a complete rebuilt generator. It will be easier to come by than just the armature. Try USA Parts Supply.

Paul
53 Coupe
Dynaflow

John Washburn CLC #1067

Bruce,

That armarture is readily available from most rebuild shops. It was used way into the late 60s. If they have the correct software they can find you one in a few minutes. Or they can get you one that puts out more amps... Use a local shop should be cheaper than goint to a Cadillac speciality joint.

John Washburn
CLC #1067

Bruce Wiley

Thanks. John, there is a local auto electric shop that will rebuild the gen, put on new reg, and set it all for less than $90. Im not sure, but that sounds reasonable.

JIM CLC # 15000

03-01-05
Bruce, sounds like a fair price to me.
Maybe you could post the Name, address and phone number of the company.
Good Luck, Jim